Esteemed Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

Monday report:  Well the sight of the Double J's -- ShopTillYouDrop's pups Joey and Jake -- put a grin on myself that has not yet subsided. 

What a pair of cuties!  DH has decided that in addition to flying Beastielove and her kitty brood here to help take care of me after the surgery, we might as well bring you and the Double J's along too.  He warns all of you:  the Mom of Schmoo is a champion Type A tugboat of energy, even heavily medicated.  Smiley Happy

Gazing upon the Double J's reminds me how much I miss our collie Fergus.  He put the canine sass into our home and there's nothing like the grin of a dog who is loved and knows it.  What I wouldn't give to see this again:

Schmoo Fergus happy pup.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Having computer issues so thats why I wasn't here. Love seeing Mr Schmoos jelly beans,lol. I am so crazy for kitty feet.

Shop your boys are so precious and glad they are doing well. I bet they will miss your Mom when she moves but so glad she is feeling well. Always praying for her.

Sammycat its a done deal,we are all coming to your home to help you. I can't do too much physically but I can be very entertaining,lol.

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Trusted Contributor

Hi Dear Friends,  Hope everyone is having the best week possible.  Sammy the J's and I will be happy to help!  They are great knee warmers, you can have one snuggled up on each side and they could help ease the pain.  Smiley Happy 

((Hugs)) friends, have a wonderful day.

Trusted Contributor

Good Afternoon Everyone, Sending love and prayers to all who are needing it! Sammycat, I will continue to pray for your surgery and for a speedy recovery!

Have parayed for each poster and their moms. So sorry Princess did not make it but her mom did the best of everthibg and that is what we must take comfort in. Glad Sugarbear rebounded and is good as well as the J's.

My update: My Tibbs is doing well for 18 years old. I can see him getting a little frail and that hurts, but he eats good, drinks water, uses the bathroom. He just isn't as active as he was. I have had him 17 years and 5 months and he was almost full grown when we got him. So, he is a solid 18 years old. I try to go home at lunch because he will eat a little more if I'm there. He is such a sweet boy and I love him so.

My stray cat still comes every morning and every evening for his meals. He does not run as far nor as fast when I come out, but I'm no where near touching him. I made him a bed on my porch but have no indications that he has been in it. He does yowl loudly at me if breakfast or dinner are late! LOL  He usually is there at 6:30 am and 6:30 pm. I didn't get home until after 7 one evening and he was there waiting and yowling as if to say, "Where have you been?" I demand a tight schedule here!" He was probably going to be late somewhere else!

He has began to lay in one of the patio chairs, but jumps under the table when I come out. After he eats he leaves. He did hang out one morning when it was raining so hard. I would love to have him.

Theo has not shown up anywhere, but we still hope.

Hope all is well with everyone. I'm at work on a quick break.

Love and prayers to each of you.

Valued Contributor

I've been away far too long!!!  Lots of handsome pics to look at!  They always bring a smile to my face!  Thanks for sharing!  Thank you for your good wishes and prayers!  Very much appreciated!!!

Prayers to all of my friends of Schmoo:

Sammycat along with KittySitter & Chubby

Tissyanne & Sugar Bear

Beauty & your mom

Shop, Joey & Jake

Beastie, Samantha, Tabitha, Olivia, Henry & Jack

Newtoallthis, Tibbs & Stray Cat

Love, hugs, and prayers -  brbCat HappyHeart

Honored Contributor

Sammycat, I haven't followed your Schmoo thread consistently, so I'm not always familiar with the various kitty histories.  But I do want to add my sympathies to your friend and her dear little Princess.  Everyone you write about always goes to the ultimate degree to care for their beloved cats, so I know that your friend did everything she could for her best buddy.  Even though we'd all like to do more, that's really all we can do.  But it's still tough.

Do take care of yourself for these last few days before your surgery.

Esteemed Contributor

Tuesday report:  Geezerette, Newtoallthis and all -- thanks for your kind additional words on behalf of my friend's cat Princess ... I've reported your kind sentiments fo her and they are like a balm on her grieving heart right now.

And DH and I have decided:  you're all invited to bail in for the "Schmoo Mommy Recovery Fest."  I need everyone from the Double J's to Sugarbear to Cookie to Mystery Cat to Mr. Tibbs to Shy-Annie to Beastielove and Company ....well, everyone covered with fur and their fur parents ... to be by my side.  Maybe even Streetangel would consider driving down the road (she lives a little less than an hour from me); the craziness might pick up her spirits.  Old friends like SLH and CamilleP could pile on, too.

And if Beauty Junkie has volunteered to be the entertainment -- it just doesn't get better than that.

In the early offing, I think I'll be a pretty docile patient, sort of like the snoozing gentleman in the photo below.  But you better watch out, DH says -- just like my Schmoo, as soon as I get snarly about being less than mobile, it's going to get ugly fast and you'll all have your hands full trying to keep up with me:

Schmoo docile for now.jpg

Honored Contributor

Schmoo docile for now.jpg

Wednesday Morning Greetings

Sammycat... Me and the kittehs are looking forward to being a part of the Official Schmoo Mommy Recovery Fest!! We can handle anything that you dish out!!! :-)

Sending more special prayers to all of our dear members of The Clan who are still in need.

Sending more special prayers to all of the precious furbabies and homeless animals who are in need.

Wishing Sammycat,DH,KS, and the fur-bulous Clan, a very pleasant and peaceful day. :-)

---------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Honored Contributor

Sammycat,

I'm sure that determination that you have will serve you well in your recovery.  From what I've heard, once the initial resting period is over, the key to a full and complete recovery of the use of your knee is to do the exercises that the rehab folks will have for you.  And to use your knee, not baby it.  

Just from what little I've already gathered about you, I can't imagine anything keeping you down and out for long!

Honored Contributor

Hello to all, 

I hope everyone had a good hump day. I have been doing laundry, which seems to be never ending around my house. Sammycat, you are inching ever so close to your new knee. I know you will do well, and we will all be rallied around on your Mr. Schmoo's thread.