Honored Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

Schmoo Chubby pirate ship 2.jpg

Schmoo Chubby Pirate ship.jpg

Sammycat...

Please tell DH that I'm taking him up on his kind invitation and that I'll have my kittehs...Tabitha,Samantha,Olivia,Henry and Jack...with me!!!

Sending Chubby lots of hugs and kisses...please tell KS to deliver them for me. My friend has one of those Pirate ships and her kittehs love it. My guys purr-fur to hang in boxes!

Sending more special prayers to all of the precious furbabies and homeless animals who are in need.

Wishing Sammycat,DH,KS, and the Clan a fabulous day! :-)

--------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Valued Contributor

HeartChubby is so handsome-what a dream boat!

Cat Happy

good day to all Beauty, Sammycat, beastie, shop, Tissyanne, everyone- may you have a wonderful Wednesday!

Esteemed Contributor

Hi miss Sammy cat and Beastie, It is me Libby and I found your forum on my tablet. I start school next year and I will be going into 8th grade  next week when school starts and I am very excited I will be seeing all my school friends and  church friends. again. I love, love love the pictures of Schmoo and the grey kitty and chubby. Our male deer got hit by a car or something came back to us limping and in pain. Dad was able to get a ace bandage around his leg and now its healing. his name is Bo and he trusts daddy and no one else. Our mom deer gave birth last week to a adorable fawn I named Hopey. Both are in our backyard. The baby loves radishes and so does his Mom I named browny girl. We also have another deer named slushy I name him that because he has white on his feet that look like snow, Anyway, have to go now Mom says hello and I have to come inside because, I am getting hot out here in the yard. Say hello to the furkids for me.. Love Libby

Trusted Contributor

Dear Sammycat, First of all, how I love the picture of Schmoo and the the lion picture! It captures his essence truly! What a beautiful boy! And that Chubby! You and Kitty Sitter are the reasons that my next shelter adoption will be an older, discarded cat! These two are the poster kittys for perfection! All they needed was love! Chubby has blossomed and to think he was tossed out like an unwanted toy breaks my heart. Thank God for people like you and Kitty Sitter!

On the lost kitty, still no sign of him. They are calling the shelter everyday just in case...

Mystery Cat has a home but it is not a home I want him in. One of the neighbors said they told her she could have him if she wanted him. i think they just feed him and thats about it. Kittys need love and Sad. I will take him but I just have to gain his trust. Going to be a long, slow journey but since I found this out I am going to go head with my plans for a bed/house etc. He is coming back every morning and evening to the Porch Cafe. I'm feeding him dry and wet. I can not bring him in my house at this point because of 18 yr old Tibbs. He is not well and I do not intend to stress him with a new brother. I will do everything I can and when he trusts me, I will ask them if I can have him.

Sammycat, I have had two close friends and anothe friends husband go through knee replacemnet in the past 3 years. Each of them did wonderful! One said he cat would lay on her leg while the machine lifted her leg up and down during the excersise period! LOL Somewhere there is a picture! All three of them recovered remarkably and quickly! Secret of their success: Follow the dr and PT to the letter. Do all the excersises at home with the machine exactly how long they say to do it! I wish you a speedt recovery and successful surgery. Prayer for you!

TXbrb-prayers for you

Love and prayers Tissyanne, beauty junkie, SLH,. .. hope I don't leave anyone out..I'm still new and learning. 

Continue to pray Theo finds his way home if someone took him. Thank you.

Honored Contributor

This sweet face is just so heart warming. Chubby, you are so blessed. 

medium.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wednesday report:  Glad to see so many responses today!  Libby, welcome back and thanks for the detailed report on your deer family, Bo, Hopey and Browny girl; I can't believe you're starting the 8th grade already!  BRB (hope you're feeling better!) and Tissyanne, I think that Chubby's starting to work the camera like the master, Schmoo.  Streetangel tells us in another thread that Radar's starting to bounce back from near death - yay!

Newtoallthis, I'm glad you're inspired by Schmoo and Chubby.  That's why I'm dedicating myself to writing Schmoo's story in book form -- senior/geriatric animals have so much love to give and are so often overlooked ... I hope when others see how a special geriatric cat changed my life forever, they, too, will consider adopting one.

Medical team members -- Beastie and Beauty Junkie:  DH says, "You're all welcome, cats and all!"  And Beauty Junkie:  I'm going to need those poo tunes like old Schmoo, because the pain medication's going to have the same effect on me from surgery!

I profoundly appreciate all of your well wishes and tips for the new knee to come. I think Schmoo had a great idea for my recovery too. Although he loved a "whole body" sun patch, sometimes Dr. Schmoo like to toast a specific body part, so he'd angle his body accordingly in the sun, as in the photo below -- he's getting a little knee TLC himself:  

Schmoo sun patch 2.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone. 

Libby so glad to see you here and how wonderful of your Dad to help care for the deer. You have such a wonderful family and I hope you come back and post with us more often.

brb hope you are getting stronger with each day. I hope the pain isn't too awful but yous till amazme me.

newtoallthis thats os sad abot that kitty and I agree,just feeding a pet is certainly no life for them and it breaks my heart. I hope you cna gain his trust and give him the loving home he so deserves.

Tissyanne,beastie,Shop,and grand hope you are alld oing well and the fur kids too. I laways pray for them all.Sammycat I will for sure have some songs ready for you,lol. I take pain meds daily so I know what you mean.Isn't it remarkable that we all became a family here because of MrSchmoo.Its years now and we are still here and not going anywhere. I bet he watches from up above and is happy knowing his Mom has so many firends.Love the picture and want to nuzzle that soft fluffy belly and hope to someday. Why is his fluffy belly so cute but not mine,lol.

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Thursday report:  A rough day today. I'm working on the part of Schmoo's book when he gets sick with the heart failure but we don't know it's heart failure yet.

It was a little less than a 3-week rollercoaster ride of anguish and more anguish as we watched our beloved Schmoo dying but the cause remained elusive.  But I wouldn't give up -- not on the mystery of the illness, certainly not on him.

It's painful to write about it, all this time later.  Yet I also saw the seeds of an incredible friendship being sown on this board, for all those who rallied to our little family's crisis and stayed by our sides for years...and still do.

Here's a photo of him right before falling critically ill.  All looks well (that happy tail between the back legs), but that's the trick of heart failure in cats.  All looks well, but it usually has been brewing for years and you're usually aware of it the day it kills them.  Even now, with the time and distance perspective affords, I can't get over how blessed we were to have a cat so catastrophically sick who lived so gloriously long afterward with a spirit like no other. 

For us, the blessing of a lifetime:

Schmoo trouble on horizon.jpg 

Honored Contributor

Sammycat1 wrote:

For us, the blessing of a lifetime:

Schmoo trouble on horizon.jpg

Sammycat..

ITA. Schmoo not only blessed you and DH with his presence...but he blessed our lives as well. It's because of this remarkable kitty that this amazing cyber family exists. Heart

Sending more special prayers to all of the precious furbabies and homeless animals who are in need.

Wishing Sammycat,DH,KS and The Clan, a very pleasant day and that it marks the beginning of a fabulous Holiday week-end!

-------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Esteemed Contributor

Friday report:   Today while struggling through pre-surgery exercises for my new bionic knee, I thought back to another time when I had "Schmoopervision" for medical purposes.

In 2012, a back condition I'd had for some time reared its head.  In a place where surgery isn't even considered because it's fairly dangerous, at least until you're basically wetting your pants, my only hope was physical therapy and medication.  It was debilitating, and in the beginning, Schmoo lay beside me in bed while I went through a medication haze.

But when it came time to crack the whip, it was Schmoo who did the cracking.  He sat atop the couch in our living room, his usual post to watch TV or sniff my hairspray, and he made sure I did every exercise, no matter how painful.  And because he did, I got better -- enormously better.

Of course you'd have no choice with this physical therapist looking down on you:

Schmoo PT.jpg