Honored Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

[ Edited ]

brbfromTX,

I am still praying for you, and glad to see you posting. I am looking forward to cooler weather here in TX, and would love to smell some rain. I hope you are feeling better each day, 

Sammycat,

I hope and pray that you are feeling better today. I know you will be so glad to get your knee surgery behind you. Love the photo of the Schmooster.  

Regular Contributor

back to say I am surely wanting to joing in prayers for brbfromtx and sammycat as they face medical challenges - and also for all furbabies that need a healing touch.  

Esteemed Contributor

Saturday report:   Your well wishes have me feeling better today, thank you!  I think sometimes when you're facing major surgery for one problem (my knee) you begin to put your whole body under a magnifying glass and smaller, unrelated problems seem enormous. 

But the best news I had today was to see three initials posting on this forum again -- "SLH."  Welcome back, friend!  I last remember that your parents were moving in with you -- and am so deeply sorry to hear about your father's health battles and passing (as well as Dutch's passing). 

Mostly I remember a calm and steadying voice on this thread that helped me and my family through all the mountaintops and valleys in Schmoo's journey.  You held my hand, like so many here, on the tough days; you cheered me on the good ones. 

For that kind of friend, we leave the doors unlocked, the porch light on and the windows open -- because we know you are sure to return:

Schmoo looking for friends.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone,

Glad to say the hurricane fizzled out but we will have some severe heavy raians and flooding but hoping we will be ok and not lose power. beastie if the weather were to get bad enough we would try and get Goldie into a carrier and put her either in the bathroom or on our enclosed patio but for now things are ok,thanks for the suggestions.

SLH I am so very sorry to thear about your Dad and Dutch but you brought me to tears when you said your Dad heard a dog barking,oh my,his boy was waiting for him.Glad to see you back here,

brb praying you have less pain with each day and you truly amaze me thinking of all of us after what you have been through.You will remain in my daily prayers.

Sammycat a friend of mine is having her knee done this winter,she used to be a poster here,Chey was her name.She had her hip done years ago and did very well so now its the knee.I will be keeping both of you in my prayers.When you do have your surgery we will keep this thread going daily until you feel up to posting which knowing how tough you are,just like your boy,you'll be back here in a flash.

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

slh,

It is wonderful to see you back here at the Schmoo family. I am saddened to read that your dad and his fur baby passed. It really touched my heart that he heard the dog barking, and I do believe Dutch was waiting. My beloved dad passed in August of last year suddenly, and it has been a difficult year. I hope you will be able to visit often. 

beauty,

I am glad to see you posting, and it sounds like you are better. I wish you could send me your rain. Give Cookie a treat from me. 

Regular Contributor

Thank you everyone for your kind words. I absolutely will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. Special shout out to Sammycat with best wishes and prayers of healing for your upcoming knee surgery. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Schmoo shut out world.jpg

Sunday Morning Greetings

slh...

Welcome back to The Clan! Your presence here was greatly missed but we all understood that you had a lot "on your plate" and that you needed the time to handle it. My heart and my deepest condolences go out to you on the loss of your beloved dad. I know that he and his precious Dutch have been reunited and will be together for all eternity. You have indeed been blessed to have that wonderful young woman, who established a loving relationship with your mom, to help with her care and to take a load off of your shoulders.

beauty...

So glad that Erika has been downgraded (she totally decimated the island nation of Dominica)  but you're getting a storm just the same. Praying that you,your DH,Cookie and Goldie get through it safe and sound. By the way, I'm so happy that you had a plan in place for Goldie! :-)

Sammycat...

I hope that your feeling much better today and that the sinus infection and the reflux flare are beginning to clear up.

Sending more special prayers to all of the precious furbabies and homeless animals who are in need.

Wishing Sammycat,DH,KS, and the amazing Clan, a very pleasant,peaceful and blessed day.Heart

--------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Esteemed Contributor

Sunday report:   Beauty Junkie, when you said you would keep this thread going in my early recovery from the knee replacement surgery, you brought tears to my eyes and a huge grin to my face -- thank you! 

I could use everyone's help/creativity on a special mission.  The Kitty Sitter --  my best friend for nearly 40 years and a dear friend to our furry family members -- is going to fly cross country to help DH and I in the early offing of my recovery.  It's not going to be a picnic because I'm a lot like my Schmoo:  Type A, moving too quickly, not taking direction, pushing too hard. So I want to do something special to show my appreciation for her help.

She is a largely selfless person who doesn't place stock in material things -- except those that stand to help others.  She retired last year and is volunteering with animal welfare organizations as she tries to sort out her "retirement career" in animal welfare.  DH and I already donate to organizations she supports; she does wear some kitty jewelry (stainless only - skin allergies); she lives in a condo so has no place for garden sculptures, etc.  But I need your help in doing something special for her all the same.  Any ideas? Any and all welcome.

In the meantime, thank you for your well wishes to get better.  I am doing better on both the sinus and reflux counts but am left now with a lingering cough that one of those is still causing. 

Still I'm mostly back in action, like the guy below. He didn't have time for "medical setbacks" when there was a catnip bag to ravage:

Schmoo back in action.jpg

Contributor

Wow..what the great eyes! 

Respected Contributor

Sammycat, how about a day at the spa in her home city after she gets home from her visit with you?