Honored Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

brbfromTX,

We are so blessed that you have come to the Mr. Schmoo thread. I have said many times that this is a soft place to fall. Life has many twists and turns, as you know so well. I am so happy to read that you are doing well. God be with you in the days ahead. Heart

Honored Contributor

Sophie, the kitty with the coat of many colors. She received the best blessing in life to have shared her home with a loving and special family. I am sure she knew that. The sweetheart me too kitty. 

medium.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thursday report:  BrbfromTX, you amaze us with your resilience -- you certainly belong among the Schmoo fighter clan!  We're so glad you're with us -- you do our circle of friendship credit.

Beastielove and those interested in the cat coloring book:  Here's the LINK.  It's called "Creative Haven Creative Cats."

Thanks to Tissyanne and all for your kind words about Soph.  She was a beauty with a quirky, lovable personality, a kitty of her own unique pattern.

I  was talking with an acquaintance the other day about my progress on the Schmoo book.  This person had only seen the closeup photo of Schmoo that's my avatar here on the forum and asked me to describe him in one word.

And I said, "Big."

Big joy, big personality, big paws, big sense of play, big eyes, big ear tufties, big heart.

My friend said, "Well, was he physically big, too?"

And I told him, "You could say that:"

Schmoo sausage.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone. brb so glad to see  you here.You are amazing and so gla dyoua re oding as well as you are and I am keeping you in my prayers till you are fully recovered.

Shop thanks so much,I am glad ot be doing better and hope to stay that waay.Hope your  Mom and the boys are oding well.

Tissyanne hope Sugarbear is doing well and you too. Thanks so much for always checking in on me and the prayers.

newtoallthis I hoep and will be praying that both kitty's come back..Don't give up hope.

beastie you never ofregt anyone ever and you truly amazme me.I wish I did live near you,woudl love to meet.

Sammycat hope you are doing better and I like the idea of coloring,might have to try that as a stress reliever.

Was MrSchmoo big,well if that picutre doesn't show his massive size nothing will. He looks like a beautiful lion stretching out like that.

We may be getting hit with a hurricane here in FtLd this coming Monday,so hoping it it passes us by cause this heat and no AC if the power goes out will be really bad for my health.If you don't see me posting then you know we lost power.

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Valued Contributor

Thanks and prayers for all my Schmoo friends. Sending love , hugs, and prayers right back at ya!!!!((((((Schmoo sisters)))))

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Schmoo sausage.jpg

Friday Evening Greetings

Sammycat...

Thanks so much for the link! Greatly apurr-ciated! Love that photo of Schmoo...it truly shows what a great big hunk of furry love he was. :-)

BRB...Welcome back to The Clan! Sending more healing prayers your way.

beauty... I understand that Hurricane Erika..which is very powerful.... might be heading to Florida. I hope and pray that she veers out to the Atlantic but if she doesn't I pray that you,your DH,Cookie and Goldie make it through the storm safe and sound. I know that Cookie doesn't want any other cats in the house but I was wondering ...if Erica should hit...would you be able to lock Goldie in a room in your house (obviously doing this when Cookie isn't watching) so that she doesn't come to any harm outside?

Sending out more special prayers to all of the precious furbabies and homeless animals who are in need.

Wishing Sammycat,DH,KS, and The Clan, a peaceful night. :-)

--------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Esteemed Contributor

Friday report:  Good Friday to all -- and I hope this weekend has you all on the upswing.

I'm fighting what probably is a sinus infection on top of the dang reflux flare.  It feels like the Creature from the Black Lagoon is clawing around in my throat and sinuses. If I make it to the knee replacement in early October with a sliver my skin intact, it might be a minor miracle.

What a whiner -- unlike my Schmoo, who battled every malady that hit him with grace and dignity and ferocity.  My miseries feel so small by comparison.

Yet like all of us, even he chose to shut out the world from time to time when it became a little too much.  Even so, he did this in the toastiest sun patch.  There's nothing like a little warmth to take the edge off of what ails you:

Schmoo shut out world.jpg

Trusted Contributor

So sorry you are not feeling well Sammycat. Either or is bad enough but to have them together is awful! Prayers for a speedy recovery! No news of our little lost kitty. Mystery Kitty may not be such a mystery any longer. I drove through the neighborhood and saw him laying beside a truck in the driveway actually looking quite at home! LOL he then showed up that evening at the Porch Cafe for a buffet! He came back the next morning for breakfast! I'm going to try to catch these people at home and inquire about him. I will continue to feed him even if he has a home! After all, who doesn't like to "eat out"! Blessings to each of you especially BRB.
Regular Contributor

Hello and hugs to all Schmoosters - I am so happy to see you all still here - albeit in a new thread.  Sammycat - how are you doing and so happy to see this group still shares and supports each other here.  I also posted over at the new version of Pancake's thread - my life has dramatically changed since my parents had moved in with me in November 2013 - almost 2 years ago now.  My dad was frequently hospitalzied and in and out of rehab for many challenges and unfortunately he passed away April 16.  My family and I miss him terribly - but it is a blessing he is not struggling any more.  I also had to help his beloved pug Dutch to the bridge the previous year after my dad had fallen and was hospitalized with a broken hip.  Dutch started having seizures again in spite of good phenobarbital levels and the vet was clear it was time.  My dad was heartbroken too and never could really talk about it until the day before he died he happened to tell us he heard a dog barking and I told him I bet it was Dutch waiting for him.  My dad died peacefully (my sister and brother and I were at this bedside when he passed) and I know beyond the shadow of a doubt that after seeing Jesus (of course) - dad was reunited with his boy.  

My mom is still with me and now I am preparing for another big change - RETIREMENT - in November.  Life is packed and I don't have much time but I will certainly try to come here and check in when I can.  And most importantly I want to send my warmest heartfelt wishes for blessings to each of you.  

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Lifting up my friends of Schmoo-Sammycat here's hoping you are feline fine before long!  I am already praying for your Oct. surgery.  Beauty prayers that hurricane Erika fizzles out and you are kept safe  Beastie, Tissyanne, New, & Shop and everyone thanks for your kind words and prayers.  New prayers for little lost kitty and mystery kitty.  I had a black and white tom cat named Bootsy for 12 years while I was growing up and he had a little territory that he roamed.  I know he had pit stops all around town (My mother knew of 2 or 3)  he always knew where to find home.  Blessings to all- may the spirit of Schmoo as well as our Heavenly Father surround you and uplift you.  HeartCat Happy

((((slh)))))) nice to meet you!