Trusted Contributor

Re: That Schmoo, he is one tough kitty fighter -- 2.0

Hi Dear Friends,  Sammy that picture of Chubby is so precious.  He certainly does love his time spent on his back.  Thanks for the prayers Friends, Joey seems to have found a little more perk the last couple of days.  He was only taking prednisone, which we were trying to slowing stop, but i think he still needs a little bit.  A quick call to Dr. Bob and he agreed, we will keep him on a half a tablet every other day for a while longer and that seemed to help perk my boy up.  Have a great rest of your week dear friends. (hugs)

Honored Contributor

Chubby can get in the cutest positions of any kitty young or old. So precious. He is certainly feeling secure. I am so thankful that he found a wonderful home. So thankful. 💜

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was just on the COMMUNITY CHAT FORUM and, to my surprise, the Schmoo thread in its entirety has been restored there.  Yeah, wonderful news.  But I wonder why they didn't put it on Pet Lovers forum.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

Schmoo Chubby exhausted.jpg

Sammycat... Sending this precious boy lots of hugs and kisses. Please ask KS to deliver them to him for me. Who is she going to "Kitty Sit" for her while she's in the Land of Schmoo?

Shop... So glad that your Joey seems to be doing better. :-)

Sending lots of special Get Well Soon prayers to our dear beauty junkie. From what I read on another thread on this board (started by NAES) she's going through a very difficult time and is in a lot of pain. I feel so badly for her because she's such a kind and loving soul.

Wishig everyone a peaceful night.

-------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Esteemed Contributor

Thursday report:  Shout-outs to ShopTillYouDrop, AnikaBrodie, Tissyanne and the entire Schmoo clan.  

Beauty Junkie, special prayers and well wishes heading your way.  We understand you're plagued with painful health problems and we hope your anguish eases soon.

Anika, the old Schmoo thread is, alas, gutted.  It's been sitting in Community Chat for a week now, but it only has the first post, plus posts beginning Jan. 1, 2014 til June 7 this year.  I've been making pleas to have the original restored and archived here in Pet Lovers.  It was helpful to many facing health challenges with their pets and it showcases not only Schmoo's journey, but the start of wonderful friendships here on the forum.  Tonight I'm writing a separate plea here in Pet Lovers to see if this can be done.

Beastielove, no worries about Chubby while Kitty Sitter is visiting us.  He will have his personal, live-in "West Coast" Kitty Sitter staying with him and spoiling him rotten.  This lady took care of KS's kitties when she visited us and is wonderful.

And now to tonight's Schmoo Tale and photo.  Back when Schmoo battled heart and kidney failure, his appetite went up and down like a yo-yo. It was a daily struggle to keep the calories in him. As a result, I had to have massive reserves of canned cat food on hand to deal with his horrible appetite.  I arrayed these in what I called "Cat Food Towers" -- and they were just that, big stacks of cat food, some 15 cans high and often nearly 10 or more of these on hand. 

Schmoo's vet and our friends saw them, one even calling these an architectural wonder of the world.  The Kitty Sitter marveled at them, thinking she'd never need something similar.

Until Chubby.  She's now entered the fray of "cat food towers" of her own, having made a major shopping run through the pet food store buying at least 70 cans so that Chubby's Kitty Sitter has enough food on hand for his horrible appetite while she's visiting us.

I'd have hundreds of cat food at the ready all over again, no matter what people coming to the house would say.  It was worth it when you could get a sick pet to eat -- there's nothing like the relief and bliss you feel when they actually tuck into their food:

Schmoo food towers.jpg

Frequent Contributor

Dear SammyCat,  What a wonderful, heartfelt letter you wrote to the Q moderators!  Bless you, friend!Heart  Panda lady

Trusted Contributor

Thank you beastie and Sammycat so very much. I am doing much better now since the prednisone.

I hope they bring back the original MRSchmoo thread. So odd they would place it elsewhere.What a wonderful letter you wrote Sammycat and maybe they will bring the thread back her.

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thursday report:  Beastielove and Tissyanne, thanks for having my back, my friends, in the other thread I started.  Heart

The Kitty Sitter's plane has landed and she's on her way from the airport (after having to wait an hour in the rental care line to pick up her car!)  It's about a 1.5 hour drive to our home from the airport, so we have her guest room all freshened and ready, because I'm sure she'll be exhausted.

I'll get a report from her on Chubby's doing and pass it along tomorrow. I'm sure he's going to miss her terribly.  But her Kitty Sitter will send photos and updates, plus Chubby likes to meow on the phone, so I'm sure KS will talk to him tonight.

One thing she hasn't seen this spring is our front garden, which we have themed for our pets.  In addition to our St. Francis birdbath/fountain and a couple of kitty sculptures, I bought a bronze-like pole with a cat on top pointed downward -- it's hard to see in the photo, but it's chasing a little mouse down the pole.  I thought you'd like to see this update.

Next I'll be putting two more sculptures there among the flowers -- one with a little girl holding a cat, and one with a little boy holding a puppy.  I'll take a photo as soon as they go in.  This year we did all purple and yellow flowers; purple to symbolize the place of royalty our pets had in our lives and yellow to symbolize the sunshine they brought to us, too:

Schmoo garden 2015 8.jpg

Trusted Contributor

I hope you have a nice visit with Kitty Sitter and that Chubby will be ok. I would love to see pictures of him,he is such a beauty.

I am so sad we can't have the original thread back,so unfair. Don't understand why they did this to us.

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Honored Contributor

Schmoo garden 2015 8.jpg

Sammycat...

Your garden is such a beautiful memorial and tribute to Schmoo,Sammy,Sophie and Fergus. I especially love the large tile that's in the foreground. Where did you buy it? I would love to get one to put inside my cottage.

In regards to your other thread...when I saw what redhead wrote, the fur on my back went up and my tail bristled (so to speak!) and I knew that I had to respond. I don't ever recall seeing her post on the original Schmoo thread so I knew that she was totally clueless and was also clearly disrespectful of you and your feelings.

There is a saying that goes....Friends are the special family that you make for yourself...and like a Lioness...I am extremely protecive of my family!

Sending more special prayers to all of the precious furbabies and homeless animals who are still in need.

Wishing Sammycat,DH,KS and The Pawsome Clan a totally fabulous day! :-)

--------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=