Honored Contributor

THE PET CHAT CORNER FEB.8 - FEB. 14

It's a new week and a new thread. It might be about pets,it might not. Welcome one and all! Newcomers...introduce yourself,make a drink,pull up a chair, and join us. We're a little nuts...but nice nuts! Cat Happy

-------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Honored Contributor

Re: THE PET CHAT CORNER FEB.8 - FEB. 14

[ Edited ]

Monday Morning Greetings

Wishing all of my dear PCC sisters a very pleasant day and that it marks the beginning of a week that brings each one of you much happines, good health and lots of pawsome stuff!Cat Very Happy

Lyn...

To answer the questions that you left for me last night in last week's thread...Keep the door to the room open so that she'll be free to walk about the apartment. Generally, most cats don't like closed doors...I know that mine don't!! There's no problem for you to sit in that room and watch TV. It'll help her to get used to you. During commercials you can play with her. Get one of those cat toys that's a wand that has a fluffy felt mouse attached to it by a long string and while you're sitting in the chair you can entice her to come over to you. Hope that this info helps!

------------------------------------------

Esteemed Contributor

Good morning! Checking in with everyone and there furry angles. Hoping everyone is well. Prayers and healing cyber thoughts for those in need always.  

Respected Contributor

@beastielove - Thanks so much for all your suggestions.

If I don't close the door to the room she'll be in, will I still need the litter box in that room, until she is comfortable going into other rooms?  I read that it's not good to move the litterbox.  I plan to permanently put the litterbox in the guest vanity area (which is across the hall from the den).  I don't mind the litterbox temporarily in the den, but I don't want to keep it there.  The room is too small, there's not much room for a litterbox, and the room is carpeted.  My guest vanity area is tiled, so it will be easy to keep clean.  It's also very private, as I seldom have anyone using the guest bathroom.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lyn08 wrote:

If I don't close the door to the room she'll be in, will I still need the litter box in that room, until she is comfortable going into other rooms?  I read that it's not good to move the litterbox.  I plan to permanently put the litterbox in the guest vanity area (which is across the hall from the den).  I don't mind the litterbox temporarily in the den, but I don't want to keep it there.  The room is too small, there's not much room for a litterbox, and the room is carpeted.  My guest vanity area is tiled, so it will be easy to keep clean.  It's also very private, as I seldom have anyone using the guest bathroom.

Lyn08, I'm not Beastielove, but I've had cats for more than 40 years.  Put the litterbox where you permanently plan to put it.  Cats do NOT like change. Then show it to your kitty (carry her in there), place her in the box, and gently move her front legs in a scuffing motion in the litter.  She'll have no problems knowing where it is or getting there to use it.

Honored Contributor

>^..^<   Boo hoo.........I got locked in the closet again.    I followed mama in when she went to get shoes......and I lingered too long.   She didn't even SEE me.    The washing machine was going, so she didn't even hear me calling for HELP.     She finally missed me when I didn't sit down to breakfast with her, tho.    It was a happy ending.   Love from Kitty the Fuzz

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

Happy Monday dear PCC friends and furbabies!

Just waiting for our "dusting" of snow in the metro area.  I have a week off next week for our mid-winter break.  It is anticipation that drives the "peeks" at the window from time to time.  Ironically, we're having spring pictures made tomorrow and it will be in the low 30's.

May God bless each of you and your furbabies!  Have a wonderful week!

Hugs, prayers and love!Cat Very Happy

Panda

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Honored Contributor

Sammycat1 wrote:

Lyn08 wrote:

Lyn08, I'm not Beastielove, but I've had cats for more than 40 years.  Put the litterbox where you permanently plan to put it.  Cats do NOT like change. Then show it to your kitty (carry her in there), place her in the box, and gently move her front legs in a scuffing motion in the litter.  She'll have no problems knowing where it is or getting there to use it.

Sammycat.... I was going to give Lyn the exact same advice. Thanks for chiming in with your cat-purr-tise!!!Cat Happy

--------------------------------------------

Honored Contributor

desertDi wrote:

>^..^<   Boo hoo.........I got locked in the closet again.    I followed mama in when she went to get shoes......and I lingered too long.   She didn't even SEE me.    The washing machine was going, so she didn't even hear me calling for HELP.     She finally missed me when I didn't sit down to breakfast with her, tho.    It was a happy ending.   Love from Kitty the Fuzz

Wow! What a bummer!! We know that it drives our Mommy crazy everytime we all jump into her clothing closet whenever she opens the door...which is why we just loves to do it!!! Cat WinkCat LOL

Then she has to reach in and haul each one of us out, one at a time. Of course we always manage to hook our claws into some the clothes and pull them off of the hangers while she's pulling us out of the closet!!! What fun!!!

Hugz from your fellow kittehs

Tabitha,Samantha,Olivia,Henry and Jack

-------------------------------------------

Honored Contributor

>^..^<   Dear Beastie Kuzzin Kitties............I knew you would understand.  I was just "investigating"......... I just love to snuggle with BOOTS.............but NOT when I'm hungry!!!!!     Your Kuz, The Fuzz

♥Surface of the Sun♥