Respected Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@pupwhipped wrote:

Stick in hand and reading glasses...LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@pupwhipped

My response post to you was deleted.  I'll try again:

Don't laugh!  I can't see sheet without my glasses!

(hope that is okay with you, Alice from QVCSmiley Happy

@tends2dogs, I thought your post was soooo funny cause it describes me exactly! I'm sure it describes most all us dog lovers. Out there with a stick, poking around in the sheet, and just praying you find what you're looking for. And yep, be sure you don't forget your reading glasses or you'll be running back into the house with a stick in your hand to get them.

I thought of another episode I had with me forgetting to put the trash up. I think I see a pattern here. Ha! This time I left the house and forgot to put the trash can back in the cabinet. And would you believe I had just tossed a big heart shaped box of Russell Stover Valentine candy in it. I'm weird. I've gotten to where I buy my own candy cause hubby won't. I eat a few pieces and then feel bad about eating all the candy. So the box sits around till it gets old...hubby doesn't eat candy. But Yogi, Gracie, Boo Boo and Clover do....and they did. They even ate the wrappers. LOL! And here again, just like the rib bones, of all the things for them to get into and eat...chocolate! Vet figured it wasn't too much for any one dog and they would be okay. Thankfully, no one got sick this time. Yogi must have shared (unlikely!) or the others were just too fast for him scarfing up those luscious chocolates, wrappers and all!

Hopefully with Quincy this, too, shall pass.....real soon. 

Honored Contributor

Try not to get too concerned.  Sometimes things take a lot longer to pass through the system than we think they should.  Normally my dog takes at least 24 hrs to rid herself of things like sticks.  Now nine months old, a few months ago she ate an enormous amount of a Nylabone.  Things were normal for five days, and then, whoosh!  There was all sort of little pieces of plastic.  She had been eating and pooping normally that whole time and I just thought I had somehow missed everything.  

Respected Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

Try not to get too concerned.  Sometimes things take a lot longer to pass through the system than we think they should.  Normally my dog takes at least 24 hrs to rid herself of things like sticks.  Now nine months old, a few months ago she ate an enormous amount of a Nylabone.  Things were normal for five days, and then, whoosh!  There was all sort of little pieces of plastic.  She had been eating and pooping normally that whole time and I just thought I had somehow missed everything. 

Good point, @geezerette. After Yogi had the rib fest, some pretty ugly bone fragments materialized in the first few days. But then he never got back to normal...still wasn't feeling right. That ketchup package took it's sweet time...well over a week later! And I was truly amazed at how intact it was. Came out a bit wrinkled and little haggard, but totally intact. Ha!       

Esteemed Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@geezerette I am so happy to read your post, because so far the wrapper is a no show.  I even went back and rechecked all his "duties" since the incident......I know TMI, but the thought of something like this causing a problem in the middle of everything else he/we are dealing with....well...I can't even go there. 

I will continue to scrutinize and try not to worry too much.  Afterall, he is doing quite well despite his eventful week. Smiley Happy

Thanks again for your post.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@pupwhipped wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

Good point, @geezerette. After Yogi had the rib fest, some pretty ugly bone fragments materialized in the first few days. But then he never got back to normal...still wasn't feeling right. That ketchup package took it's sweet time...well over a week later! And I was truly amazed at how intact it was. Came out a bit wrinkled and little haggard, but totally intact. Ha!       

@pupwhipped  Thanks for the reminder, pup.  I will patiently wait with stick in hand......Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Do kitties count?  If so then TINSEL.  Just days before Christmas and the Tree is all decked out with lights and bulbs and Glass icicles but NO tinsel.  Strict orders to the family against Tinsel with our first cat in the house.  WELL,  I go out shopping with No tinsel on the tree.  I get home 4 hours later and the tree is very beautifully draped with Tinsel.  Spend the next four hours removing every last strand.  Alas, to no avail.  Kitty starts vomiting.  Maybe she'll hack it up or pass it.   Nope,  next morning off to the Vets we go.  What's that you say?  Tinsel isn't made of tin anymore and won't show up on an X-ray by itself.  Ok, Merry Christmas kitty you just traded your toys for a barium swallow.  Oh, yes , that IS a big wad of something in those intestines isn't it.  Since Kitty isn't acting ill, still wants to eat just vomits after  we  plan to withhold food  give her some fluids under her skin and set up for another x-ray to see if the wad is still in the same place and surgery for the next morning.  I got my holiday present that night when kitty passed that tinsel laced barium poo.  Needless to say NOBODY puts tinsel on the tree with pets in the house anymore.  Still miss tinsel, but I'd miss kitty more.

Esteemed Contributor

@CandysMine

Yes, of course kitties count!  That is quite a story and I am sure there were many tense hours.  Glad it had a good outcome (pun intended) and it is a good reminder about tinsel!!

Honored Contributor

My Irish setter years ago got into the garbage one day....the next day everything came out the other end....plactic bags and all. I was lucky the plastic came out without incident! I could not believe have much plactic he ate!

Esteemed Contributor

Sunday night was the cookie incident.  So far, the Saran Wrap has not made an appearance.  I can assure you there is no blockage, but am a bit concerned.  We have an appointment tomorrow with the oncologist and will run this scenario by him.

Quincy seems to have rebounded from his episode with his last chemo treatment.  We hope that his counts have come up and that we can discontinue the antibiotics for the time being. 

I have enjoyed and been assured from the accounts that all of you have written about.

Thanks! 

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs

I hope you received good news about Quincy❤️