Honored Contributor

A sock and a  bird. ( all went thru)

Respected Contributor

Unfortunately, I left the garbage bag in the kitchen one day. I was going to take it outside on my way out but I forgot it. I blasted off to Kroger to get some groceries and obviously my three dogs blasted into the bag as soon as I pulled away. It was full of all kinds of things but the yummiest of all had to be the ton of baby back rib bones from our supper the night before. When I got back home, "stuff" was everywhere all through the kitchen. What a shock! My two Cairn terriers, and my Labrador (Boo Boo, the one who had lymphoma) literally had BBQ sauce on their mouths. And the worst of it was there wasn't one single, solitary bone left!!! I proceeded to clean up the huge mess and then called the vet. I was told to just watch them for any ill effects. Sure nuff, Yogi got sick. No surprise as he was a bruiser of a Cairn and always the alpha dog. He likely ate 75% of the bones and the other two split the rest. Over the next ten days or so Yogi was ill. I took him in two to three times for x-rays and tests and stuff. I was beginning to think we might have to do exploratory surgery. I felt terrible! Yogi was close to 14 years old and I knew surgery at his age would not be good...and all this was my fault! Finally, one day on poop watching patrol with him, I noticed something white and frightening coming out, so to speak. I knew what ever this was was significant! After some closer inspection, I found it to be a fully intact Sonic Drive-In ketchup package. WHAT?!! Obviously, Yogi wanted a little ketchup with his ribs. LOL!

After the passing of the ketchup pack, Yogi was fine...totally back to his mean, ole, ornery self. Oh, and that wasn't his only run in with a Sonic item. He also ate an entire corn dog stick once that I had left in the sack in the car. Yogi was something else! He died in January at the age of 17. He and his antics are truly missed.

@tends2dogs, you stay vigilent on poop patrol with Quincy. One of my dogs (can't recall which one right now, maybe Boo Boo) ate Saran Wrap with some food item. It's passing was quite interesting to watch, too. Ha!!! 

Hope you all have a good week!

pup  

Honored Contributor

Re: SO GET THIS.....

[ Edited ]

@pupwhipped wrote:

Unfortunately, I left the garbage bag in the kitchen one day. I was going to take it outside on my way out but I forgot it. I blasted off to Kroger to get some groceries and obviously my three dogs blasted into the bag as soon as I pulled away. It was full of all kinds of things but the yummiest of all had to be the ton of baby back rib bones from our supper the night before. When I got back home, "stuff" was everywhere all through the kitchen. What a shock! My two Cairn terriers, and my Labrador (Boo Boo, the one who had lymphoma) literally had BBQ sauce on their mouths. And the worst of it was there wasn't one single, solitary bone left!!! I proceeded to clean up the huge mess and then called the vet. I was told to just watch them for any ill effects. Sure nuff, Yogi got sick. No surprise as he was a bruiser of a Cairn and always the alpha dog. He likely ate 75% of the bones and the other two split the rest. Over the next ten days or so Yogi was ill. I took him in two to three times for x-rays and tests and stuff. I was beginning to think we might have to do exploratory surgery. I felt terrible! Yogi was close to 14 years old and I knew surgery at his age would not be good...and all this was my fault! Finally, one day on poop watching patrol with him, I noticed something white and frightening coming out, so to speak. I knew what ever this was was significant! After some closer inspection, I found it to be a fully intact Sonic Drive-In ketchup package. WHAT?!! Obviously, Yogi wanted a little ketchup with his ribs. LOL!

After the passing of the ketchup pack, Yogi was fine...totally back to his mean, ole, ornery self. Oh, and that wasn't his only run in with a Sonic item. He also ate an entire corn dog stick once that I had left in the sack in the car. Yogi was something else! He died in January at the age of 17. He and his antics are truly missed.

@tends2dogs, you stay vigilent on poop patrol with Quincy. One of my dogs (can't recall which one right now, maybe Boo Boo) ate Saran Wrap with some food item. It's passing was quite interesting to watch, too. Ha!!! 

Hope you all have a good week!

pup  

I knew only about one of my dogs eating a bird, because of an x-ray. You could see it clearly on there. Luckily, it passed. I don't give my dog any bones. My post earlier, I only know about the sock, because I saw it when I cleaned "that" up. I can't believe it came out! lol

Trusted Contributor

Our dog took my grocery list off my purse and ate it once and then puts his head down when i ask him where it is.....money, plastic measuring cups, spatulas, chewed my shoe, anything within reach on the counter, he's a cell phone thief and pressed buttons and called his grandma but didnt talk......we give him 3 tbsp pumpkin 100% pure and it comes out in pieces.....nothing can be in his reach now or he thinks its his!!  He will grab anything in my hand when i walk and eat.....hes awful....I feel your pain!! Hes like Marley from the movie marley....Labs are very sassy.....we bought a butterfly enclosed garbage can and its worth its weight in gold. He cant get in it. simplehuman® Butterfly Step Trash Can, 8 gal.

Honored Contributor

@@Pook 

The dog and cat working together made me laugh😄

Esteemed Contributor

Jade ate a bandage the vet had wrapped her foot to prevent her from chewing (she had allergies).  Found it bandaged to 'something else' in the yard the next day.

Shadow-Jaden eats anything he can take apart. b it leather, plastic, rubber.  Reminds me, I must call BarkBox - they changed his monthly gift box to "super chewy", but nothing lasts longer than five minutes.  I do find colorful "gifts" out inn the yard, though!

Yeah, Quincy!!!!!Woman Very Happy  And, remember Momma and Daddy, you never take a cookie for without bringing one home for The Quin, too!  Never, Ever!!!!!!!!!  Now don't forget that or I'll come over and insure that he get BOTH your cookies next time!Woman Wink

Esteemed Contributor

UPDATE:  So far, the cookie wrapper is a no show.  It has  had many opportunies to make an appearance.....in other words, things are moving through normally.  Of course, I will be checking until I see it.  I can't believe Saran Wrap would break down so it makes me a bit nervous.  My DH isn't as worried because he says at least things are moving through.

Still, I am waiting with stick in hand and reading glasses on LOL.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

Stick in hand and reading glasses...LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because of inappropriate word used unfortunately

Esteemed Contributor

@pupwhipped wrote:

Stick in hand and reading glasses...LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@pupwhipped

My response post to you was deleted.  I'll try again:

Don't laugh!  I can't see sheet without my glasses!

(hope that is okay with you, Alice from QVCSmiley Happy

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!