Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden. I've had beagles growing up and all my married life. The breed is wonderful with kids. The kids will wear out playing long before the beagles even thought of taking a rest.

They are low maintenance as far as having a short coat and grooming is just Furmentating, nails cut, ears & teeth cleaned and a bath...No trimming fur or fancy haircuts.

A beagle's long soft ears and soulful eyes make them quite irresponsible. They're affectionate and loyal.

They downside is they can be stubborn, headstrong and difficult to train. If you stick to it, they learn well w/ food a great motivator.

Honored Contributor

My beagles are in a fenced area. That's not to say a squirrel entering the yard doesn't get their attention, but they've gotten used to looking at them & may give a short bark, but don't go after them. Sadie and Molly came from a breeder who shows beagles. The loud howling and hunting instincts have been mostly bred out of them. 

Yes, they follow their nose on a walk & I'd never have them off leash. Squirrels, rabbits and deer that come into view just illicit a bark and a lot of interest.

Honored Contributor

@geezerette. Post re: squirrels is for you.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

My beagles are in a fenced area. That's not to say a squirrel entering the yard doesn't get their attention, but they've gotten used to looking at them & may give a short bark, but don't go after them. Sadie and Molly came from a breeder who shows beagles. The loud howling and hunting instincts have been mostly bred out of them. 

Yes, they follow their nose on a walk & I'd never have them off leash. Squirrels, rabbits and deer that come into view just illicit a bark and a lot of interest.

One of the Beagles my niece rescued had belonged to a farmer and had been used for hunting, so she went nuts (pardon the pun!) when she saw a squirrel in their yard, which naturally got the other dog going too.

Your beauties sound too refined and dignified for that!

Honored Contributor

@Shanus

your dogs are too cute!

I want to invite you to join on the Pancaker theread - there's only a few of us. All are animal lovers. Just a hi and a chat - we are not curing the common cold and no trolls.

I also want to share this pic. with you. My real name origin or meaning has something to do with life so I guess I always have hugged trees. Just hugged them and big fluffy soft bushes too. When it snows, I make sure my azalea bush is sans snow. I brush it off.

Since you posted florite and tree of life - 2 of my favorites. I couldn't resist this ring when I saw it.

image1.jpeg

I hope you are having a lovely Spring Day! My fav time of year. New life beginning. See - back to life again Smiley Happy

Unknown.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@Yahooey  Beautiful ring. Quite unusual.