Esteemed Contributor

Prescription cat food websites?

One of my 3 male cats has developed crystals- for years I had them eat only Friskies Special Diet as a proactive measure, but Friskies discontinued the line about 6 months ago. I found a Friskies line that matched the magnesium and ash of their special diet line pretty close- it's been fine for my other 2 male cats. I know Chewy is a popular site, can anyone recommend another? The prescription food is pricey at the vet !!

Honored Contributor

Re: Prescription cat food websites?

[ Edited ]

When I needed a prescription diet for my dog a couple of years ago, I checked Chewy and one other website that was recommended on this board.  I think it was Wag.  Chewy was quite a bit cheaper, so I used them.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Super Contributor

I like Wag.com

Trusted Contributor

I have been ordering cat food (not prescription, but they do sell it) from Petflow. Great customer service and fast shipping.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have only ordered from Chewy, both prescrition and nonprescription food.  Their prices seem great when I've done comparisons.

Unfortunately, my one kitty that might have an allergy would NOT touch the Hills z/d and I had ordered 2 cases (very pricey).  Don't know what I was thinking!  I called to explain and apologize and ask if I could return the unopened case.

They offered to credit my account and ask that I donate the food.  Now, I wouldn't do this more than once, but I really appreciated their offer and follow through.

I find their pricing on nonprescription food is often better than Walmart and Petsmart, and it comes to my house in one or two days.

Very convenient!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you all! Wegmans brand has a 'special diet' canned cat food that I'll continue to get for my other 2 cats- but 1 can only have prescription. It's not difficult monitoring the wet food  between my cats- it's their am food so I can watch as  they eat. But I tend to leave dry food out for them- prescription dry food ior only 1 is going to be challenging! I might have to bite the bullet and have all 3 eat the prescription dry food. It'll protect them all in the long run.

Esteemed Contributor

I started another thread a while back about getting the "right" food for my 4 cats.

It is a constant work in progress!

I have two huge bags of prescription food now that have gone largely untouched.  They are on the upcoming "donate" list.

Honored Contributor

Try Amazon.