Esteemed Contributor

Re: Prayers for my Pug, please!

@Trudey wrote:

My sweet Trudey passed away this morning.  My heart is broken and I can't stop crying. She had another seizure that lasted over 5 minutes this morning and just couldn't come back from it.  Thank you all for your prayers.

I am so sorry to hear about Trudey.  Please know that you were the best mom possible for her.  Don't ever second guess what you did for her.  You did what was right.  She knew your love for her. 

I know exactly how you feel right now.  I lost my beloved Quincy 3 weeks ago and I am still crying.  IT TAKES TIME.  You will never forget her, but thank you dear Lord, it gets easier.  If it didn't, we would go out of our mind with grief.

My heart and prayers are with you and your family.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@Trudey

I just ran across this thread and wanted to let you know that I, too, am so sorry for your loss. 

Having been through this myself a number of times, I  know just how heartbroken you are right now. 

And Pugs are such a special breed. They are some of the most gentle creatures on earth, yet full of orneriness. They just steal our hearts.

Nothing but time help soften the pain you are feeling now. Just know you aren't alone, and that anytime you want to talk about it, there are people here who care.

Respected Contributor

@Mominohio @tends2dogs. Thank you!  Trudey was my first pet as an adult and the first indoor pet I've ever had.  She was my baby and I couldn't have loved her more.  Hopefully, I'll find peace in knowing that she is no longer suffering...but for now, I am selfishly heartbroken and I wish she was here with me.

Honored Contributor

I'm so sorry Trudey!

I can tell how much you loved her and know you are heartbroken. I hope you can feel her loving spirit with you

even though her physical presence is not.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@Trudey wrote:

@Mominohio @tends2dogs. Thank you!  Trudey was my first pet as an adult and the first indoor pet I've ever had.  She was my baby and I couldn't have loved her more.  Hopefully, I'll find peace in knowing that she is no longer suffering...but for now, I am selfishly heartbroken and I wish she was here with me.

@Trudey

That feeling is very normal, and proves you were always meant to be mom to a fur baby.

I lost my latest dog, Grady, (a rescued Border Collie mix) almost a year ago, to a very fast moving cancer. We only knew he was ill for about a week and a half before he died, very healthy otherwise for a boy of 12. I still cry almost every day. I so selfishly want him back. I still see and hear him around the house at certain times of the day.

I still have two kitties, and have had a lot of dogs and cats over my life, but he was the most special pet ever, and I can't even yet bring myself to consider another dog. 

I can promise you that since you have known the love of an animal, you will want it again sometime. For me, I don't go out looking for pets. I just wait until one comes to me, needing a home. It has always seemed to work out for me, and brought me the best bunch of 'children'. 

You will know what is right  for you and when it is right for you. But don't feel guilty for being sad (devastated is really more the point), or allowing the grief to last as long as it needs to.

Respected Contributor

@NickNack @MEM22  Thank you!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Trudey  Oh, my heart breaks for you and your wonderful Pug.  It's  a devastating loss - I feel so very badly for you.  Smiley Sad   You gave Trudey a wonderful home and she was well-loved and well-cared for and she knew it.  This is so very sad.  Smiley Sad   She will always be in your heart  and this terrible pain will get better over time.  Trudey wouldn't want you to be sad.   If she were still here she would be comforting you - she'd want you to be happy.  I know you will remember her always and I know you took great care of her.  As my late mother would have said to me,  "it was her time."

As a huge dog-lover who has lost three dogs during my adult life, I know how terrible this day is for you.  At least she was with you  when she passed over the rainbow bridge and she knew she was with you, even not coming out of her seizure.  I hope she finds my three I miss so much while she's up there and romps with them, all happy and healthy again.  

No matter how long our dogs live, their lives are too short.   Remember, All Dogs Go To Heaven.  

R.I.P. sweet Trudey

Honored Contributor

Trudey,

I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved baby.  It's just so hard, we miss them so much that we'd like to keep them with us forever.  Time does eventually ease the sharpness of the pain, and we tend to remember the best of what they were.  But we will always miss the special ones, and pretty much all of them are special to us.  But then, Trudey had a special mom, too.

Respected Contributor

I am so very sorry for your loss. They take a part of our hearts with them. I pray you can find peace in knowing that you did everything you could for her. Visualize Trudey at the rainbow bride with all of our beloved pets . She is having no seizures now. It helps me to think of all the good and funny times I have had with my pet. I come to realize that even though I lost them too soon I am so very glad they entered my life for whatever time I had.

Be kind to yourself and let yourself grieve.

doxie

Esteemed Contributor

Oh, I'm so sorry to read about the loss of your beloved Trudey.  When you lose that first pet who is all your own -- who makes you the center of her universe -- who is special beyond words -- a heavy, raw ache comes over you.  

It was that way with a pet of mine who died a few years ago. I'd had many pets, but he was my pet soul mate, if that makes sense. Even as he was fading, I wanted to hold on to him with all my strength, to never let him go.

We know it's coming, especially with an ill dog or cat, but we're never, ever prepared for it.  And it knocks the wind right out of you in a way that few losses do.

Know this, that your dear Trudey surely understood that you loved her in these ways:  completely, certainly, without reservation.  She knew what it was to be cherished from the tip of her pug nose to the end of her pug butt because she had such a devoted Dog Mom. 

Love like that never dies; it's far too powerful.  You'll carry her and her love within you forever.