Honored Contributor

Re: Photos of Cats sleeping in odd places

I hope you don't mind myposting the photo below, Just found it and had seen this thread earlier today, and thought it was an odd place to sleep.Smile

No, we wouldn't!

Esteemed Contributor

DH and I both got a kick out out of these photos. Thank you!

We had two Burmese cats (they're a small breed) that loved to cuddle up and go to sleep on top of our cable box when it sat on top of the TV some years ago (before we got out flatscreen). Those cats created so much heat, they blew out 2 cable boxes which had to be replaced! LOL!

Honored Contributor

On 12/7/2014 Lucky charm said:

I have a question!!

What kind of cat would the first cat be considered? It's got orange tabby and white. Is it still a tabby?

My kitten looks like pic #3, mostly white and buff and someone at the vet said it was a calico. I thought calicos have black too.

Any ways the pic of the cat on the grille freaks me out. What if it had jumped up and it was hot?

My kitten scares me because she looks up at me when I'm cooking with a look like "I want to get up there and see". I don't know what to do.

DH made popcorn on the stove last night and I had to hold her in the bedroom because she seems so interested in the stove! NOT GOOD!

Our other cat doesn't even know what the stove exists.

1) Yep!

And you can always tell a cat's a tabby from the "M" on their forehead. I call it the "little McDonald's arch". 8-)

2) Yes, calico's are tri-colored (sometimes with gray rather than black), and almost all are female.

Just like with red/orange/ginger tabbies, almost all are male.

3) Then it won't dare chance lying on a grill (or even a radiator) again, LOL.

But seriously, if anything starts getting too hot and/or starts to hurt them, they'll just go elsewhere.

4) Don't let her. Cats are naturally very curious, and most fall into one of two groups: "tree dwellers" (perching high so that they can survey everything) or "bush dwellers" (hiding low and cozy).

Although some like to do both equally.

You can put double-sided tape on counters and the stove - or even aluminum foil - to try to train her not to climb or jump up there. They can't stand the feeling and/or sound.

But do realize that when no one's home, kitties will do whatever they wish, so... ;-)

The sound of the popcorn popping can be irresistible to cats, which is why she was like "Hey! What's that?".

Honored Contributor

Awwwsome thread, Deb; thanks!

Honored Contributor

Hope you don't mind some more widdle babies...

Honored Contributor

On 12/7/2014 Gidge said: All so cute! A little nervous about the one sleeping in the grill; I'd be very nervous that he/she would try to jump up while the grill was HOT! (Lucky charm, I'd be very scared with yours who seems to be fascinated with your stove for the same reason!).

Just as little kids sometimes find it painful to be really fascinated by something - even when repeatedly told "no!"), so do animals. Wink

That's how many of us learn a valued lesson. Smiley Wink

Esteemed Contributor

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Esteemed Contributor

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Trusted Contributor

I LOVE the photos y'all have added to this thread. THANKS!

Honored Contributor