Honored Contributor

Re: Photos of Cats sleeping in odd places

I have a question!!

What kind of cat would the first cat be considered? It's got orange tabby and white. Is it still a tabby?

My kitten looks like pic #3, mostly white and buff and someone at the vet said it was a calico. I thought calicos have black too.

Any ways the pic of the cat on the grille freaks me out. What if it had jumped up and it was hot?

My kitten scares me because she looks up at me when I'm cooking with a look like "I want to get up there and see". I don't know what to do.

DH made popcorn on the stove last night and I had to hold her in the bedroom because she seems so interested in the stove! NOT GOOD!

Our other cat doesn't even know what the stove exists.

Super Contributor

All so cute! A little nervous about the one sleeping in the grill; I'd be very nervous that he/she would try to jump up while the grill was HOT! (Lucky charm, I'd be very scared with yours who seems to be fascinated with your stove for the same reason!).
Respected Contributor

Thanks for sharing, they are all so adorable.

My brother had a cat that used to manage to get his big self curled up in a fish bowl. I wish I had a picture, it was hysterical. We could literally roll the fish bowl across the carpet with him in it. He seemed to enjoy all the attention. He was a wonderful cat.

We had a love/hate relationship. I loved him, he tolerated me. Used to grab my legs with both paws and give me a chomp or two. But he knew...in his waning days he'd amble down to my house and lay out in the sun on my porch and I'd come out and sit with him. I miss him. His name was Punk.

Respected Contributor

LoL very cute .
Honored Contributor

Clearly, none of them suffer from insomnia ..... {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Honored Contributor

Way too cute! Thanks for sharing.

Esteemed Contributor

On 12/7/2014 Lucky charm said:

I have a question!!

What kind of cat would the first cat be considered? It's got orange tabby and white. Is it still a tabby?

My kitten looks like pic #3, mostly white and buff and someone at the vet said it was a calico. I thought calicos have black too.

Any ways the pic of the cat on the grille freaks me out. What if it had jumped up and it was hot?

My kitten scares me because she looks up at me when I'm cooking with a look like "I want to get up there and see". I don't know what to do.

DH made popcorn on the stove last night and I had to hold her in the bedroom because she seems so interested in the stove! NOT GOOD!

Our other cat doesn't even know what the stove exists.

I love all these pictures, and thanks so much to the OP for posting them. Cats are such wonderful creatures!

I also have one that looks very much like the first one. She's almost 7 years old, and I still haven't figured out what to call her as far as type of cat. I know the vet has her classified as Domestic Short Hair, which encompasses most of the ones that don't fit anywhere else, it seems!

As far as the stove, many years ago when I got my first ceran (glass) cooktop, I didn't have a cat, just a little white poodle. But then soon after, my son brought home a tiny kitten, and since then I've had/have a total of 5. I don't know what kind of stove you have, but I learned very quickly that as long as I'm in the kitchen, it's okay. But these cooktops (at least the older ones like mine) stay hot for a good while after turning them off.

I had a black male who jumped up on the cooktop after I had turned off a burner, and he landed on it. Cats can move really fast, but I never saw one move that fast! He jumped off, and it looked like it may have just very slightly hurt the pads on his feet, but he was okay, much to my relief. He didn't jump on the stove again for a while, but you just can't trust a cat! I started putting a little water in a pan and sitting it on the burner every time I turned one off, until it cooled off. And I'm still doing that to this day, about 15 years later... sometimes I have three or four pans of water on my stove at one time! Can't be too careful where my babies are concerned! {#emotions_dlg.wub}{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Honored Contributor

They are all adorable. My kitty has his share of goofy sleeping positions, but these kitties have him beat.
Trusted Contributor

I'm so glad y'all enjoyed them!!

A special thanks to the webbies who fixed my post. Originally there was a bunch of space in-between each photo. The webbies streamlined the photos.

Super Contributor

These are precious! I have some great photos of one of my cats...in the fridge, in a garbage can, in the cupboard, in the dishwasher...he likes to explore SPACES. He is a nut.