Respected Contributor

Re: ONCE A CAT HAS CHOSEN HIS HUMAN ...

When I adopted/rescued my cat, I told him he would be loved and cared for his entire life.  It goes both ways for sure.

I do believe he knows he hit the jackpot! Cat LOL

Esteemed Contributor

Love the photo and the sentiment. It's so true too. About 8 years ago I started seeing a stray tabby in the yard. Very shy and nervous. I put food and water out and a little shelter but still kitty would run away. It took almost 6 months for her to finally accept that I wouldn't hurt her.

Finally one night she was on the porch steps in the rain. When I came up, she didn't run. I opened the door, put a box with blankets more food & water for her.. It took more time but finally I could pet her and pick her up. I loved that cat and she loved me. I was the only person she wouldn't run from. She left me to go OTRB last year. I miss her.

Now there is a new stray in the yard. Maybe Honey sent the kitty to me. I'm working on convincing this kitty that I mean no harm. Wish me luck and hope that kitty chooses me too.

Honored Contributor

@GinaV24 

I'm sure you're aware this is "kitten season" and the shelters have lots of them if you want a baby.   

Our local no-kill shelters send the cats out into the world spayed, shots and micro-chipped at very reasonable costs.

Good luck with the new visitor.  Fingers crossed!

Honored Contributor

ninjawife,

I love your post.  My brother and sister-in-law have a cat also who definitely favors my brother!!!!  She follows him around the house, hangs out on the desk when he is on the computer, and when he is out she always hears the sound of the car door closing and runs to the side door to welcome him!!!!!   So cute and devoted!

Honored Contributor

@spiderw wrote:

ninjawife,

I love your post.  My brother and sister-in-law have a cat also who definitely favors my brother!!!!  She follows him around the house, hangs out on the desk when he is on the computer, and when he is out she always hears the sound of the car door closing and runs to the side door to welcome him!!!!!   So cute and devoted!

@spiderw 

Oh how precious !    Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

I just love that kitty's sweet little face!  Heart

Honored Contributor

This is so true - at least it has been in my experience as a human owned by a cat.

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Such a sweet trusting baby .... you can see the love in his eyes.  I wish all animals felt that secure ... and loved.   Heart  

I know wouldn't it be a wonderful world 😺

Honored Contributor

@spiderw wrote:

ninjawife,

Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Such a sweet trusting baby .... you can see the love in his eyes.  I wish all animals felt that secure ... and loved.   Heart  

I know wouldn't it be a wonderful world 😺

I second that ,  my greatest wish is that every cat and dog has a loving home to live there lives out ....why can't it be 😿