Valued Contributor

My heart is heavy--lost my sweet cat today that was almost 13 years old.

We have had steady rain for several days, so Miss Kitty was sleeping in her warm bed that my husband fixed for her in the garage.  She was a stray that he started feeding almost thirteen years ago. I had her spayed and we had a new pet.  She has always been an outdoor cat and wanted no part of being in the house.

When he went to check on her this morning and feed her, he discovered that she had passed away in her sleep.  She was still curled up in a ball.  We have both cried liked babies.  We have had her almost our entire marriage.  Don't know what we'll do without her greeting us every morning and every night. She added such joy to our lives.  We will truly miss her being a part of our family.  Pets give you so much enjoyment but it hurts so much when they die.  I will forever remember seeing her little face peeking at me through the storm door when I got home from work.  She wanted to be fed immediately.  She followed us every step we took in the yard.  She would even lay on my husband's workbench while he tried to work.  He had built her a set of steps to make it easier to get to her bed.  She was eating well and had even gained weight. There was no indication that she was sick--just her age. Thankful that she didn't suffer and just went to sleep.  Sigh, it's going to be a long time before we stop looking for her..........Thankful that we got to have her as long as we did. Woman Sad

Esteemed Contributor

Re: My heart is heavy--lost my sweet cat today that was almost 13 years old.

I'm so sorry.  Smiley Sad

Trusted Contributor

(((Hugs)))

Sorry for your loss!  It's hard to lose a pet. When my guy passed almost 3 years ago, I think I cried for 2 days straight. Take comfort in the love you gave her all those years, for she knew she was loved!

Esteemed Contributor

Go and adopted a homeless cat (animal of your choice immediately) and give that one your love and a great home......meow & thank you.... Merry Christmas he/she will say.

Honored Contributor

@marky  I'm so sorry.  If you've read any of our posts here, many of us are cat and dog moms and a few dads.  We all, like you, love our babies.

We've all also lost many of our babies.  I've had many cats.  My last two that I have now I got about 1 1/2 years ago after my beloved cat (Jack) died suddenly.  They are totally different in personality and color but when I adopted them the lady said, "You must take both because they are very close.  Boy!  Was she right!  The black and white (Katie) worships her brother and cuddles with him, cleans him and yells for him constantly.  He tollerates her but wants me.

One day your heart will tell you when, you might want to think of adopting a new furbaby.  It won't take your baby's place you lost, nothing can do that, but it will help you and your husband be able to move forward.  Also, you will be helping another fur baby.  Your furbaby you lost is up in Heaven now.

Please know that everyone has had the pain you've had, unfortunately, it's part of having an animal to love.  Just know that we all care and understand your pain.  Love you, Annabellethecat.

Respected Contributor

I'm so sorry about your cat passing away.  I've had cats for 40 years and it's never easy to lose one.  Your cat had a great life - to live that long, especially being an outdoor cat.  Hopefully, when you feel the time is right you will decide to bring a new cat into your home - from the local animal shelter or rescue.  There is nothing like a cat.  Take care. 

Respected Contributor

I am so sorry for your loss. I am also so happy that you and your DH were there for for Miss Kitty 13 years ago. It makes me smile to know she knew good care and love. They tear out a chunk of your heart when you lose them. I keep think how much better my life was/ is because of them and know I would do it all over. I will not be surprised if Miss Kitty sees that you meet up with another.

Hugs to you and your DH

doxie

Trusted Contributor

I am so very sorry for your loss. You and your husband are in my heart and prayers. Your Miss Kitty was well loved. Take comfort in that.
Respected Contributor

marky - my heart goes out to you and your hubby in the loss of your sweet cat, Miss Kitty.  Our furbabies are our children.  Their love for us in unconditional.  Take comfort in having provided her with the best of the best.  So very sorry for your loss. {{{hugs}}}

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

I'm so sorry. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval