Esteemed Contributor

Re: MY FURRYBABY HAS CANCER - LAST UPDATE

@JeanLouiseFinch

Thanx.  And, of course I'm spoiling her!  Just nuked a can of ChefBoyADee with tw slices of black-pepper cheese added in:  I d/n feel like eating, but thought perhaps she'd perk up with the smell:  she just ate 3/4 of it, followed by a cup of milk!  At least something got her to eat!!Smiley Wink

Esteemed Contributor

@CamilleP wrote:

Goldenlocks, I've lost two dogs to osteosarcoma, and my experience has been that, if they stop eating, the pain is intense!  Please limit your dog's movement and be on the lookout for traumatic fracture, which will mean an emergency race to the vet for immediate euthanasia.  I am so very sorry you are facing this terrible cancer in your furbaby, it's a truly horrible form of cancer!

@CamilleP

This type of cancer comes on so fast and w/o warning signs!   How devastating to loose two dogs from this. I'm watching her as carefully as possible:  pull her out of bed, supporting her with my body every morning 'cause I don't want her to jump!  But, she won't let me help her up or down the three back steps off the mudroom or assist her around her yard:  she insists on doing it herself, so I worry a lot.  Again, sorry for your devastating lossesHeart

Honored Contributor

Oh dear, so sad to hear this news.

Hold on tight to dear Jade.

She knows you love her so much and is grateful for all the love and care you show her.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras

My thoughts and prayers are with you.  I just lost my 4 legged friend.  There are no words that will make it better. Enjoy the time you have left and keep those good memories in place.

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch

Thanx.  And, of course I'm spoiling her!  Just nuked a can of ChefBoyADee with tw slices of black-pepper cheese added in:  I d/n feel like eating, but thought perhaps she'd perk up with the smell:  she just ate 3/4 of it, followed by a cup of milk!  At least something got her to eat!!Smiley Wink

@eddyandme  Aww, that's good.   I've been reminded of something I saw on Facebook awhile back.  A young lady had a Black Lab (whom I think might have had the same kind of cancer as Jade) and she spent her last days with her dog loving on him, having friends who knew the dog come over, they went to the park, fed the dog hamburgers, etc.  Though heartwrenching to read, it was quite tender and some special memories were made even on the last day. (OK, I'm crying now).  I'm just so sorry for you.

Contributor

I am sending prayers your way,  I am so sorry to hear what you are going through with your furbaby, I hope things work out

Occasional Contributor

I'm sorry you are going through this. I have a dog--he is my first dog and he's been with me for over 4 years. He has taught me what unconditional love really means. Dogs are the masters of unconditional love. Humans could learn something from them. 

Again, I'm so sorry. : (

Esteemed Contributor

PRAY THIS CONTINUESSmiley Very Happy!!

Within six days of her first accupuncture visit, Jade surprised the doctor:  during the session she sat up, gave me her paw asking for more food, and after munching walked over to her water dish.  The first time the doc came, Jade wasn't eating very well, her left front leg was just kinda there - she c/n step on it and was unable to really give me her paw.  And the doc noticed the swelling in that leg had gone down.  We were very pleased!!

Yesterday, her favorite auntie came down from NH bringing us farm-fresh goodies (which included making a trip to Methuen for Jade's favorite dessert - lemon squares) along with a bag full of Jade's fave triple-flavored bones!  We had a very nice time, spending much of it outside in Jade's yard as she pranced around, protected us from the mailman and some animals in the woods.  Earlier that day she quickly went down the stairs (I leave the screen-door in mudroom locked open so she can view her yard) and ran across it (large fenced-in area) chasing a stray car down on the street.  (We live on a dead-end street - not much traffic.)  Then she had just come in and taken her meds when UPS came nextdoor:  again, she ran down the steps and "chased" UPS until the truck was gone!

Keeping her resting as much as possible today!

I know this is a rollercoaster ride - just wanted to share one of the highs with you, my friends.  Again, thanks for your prayers!Heart

Esteemed Contributor

These cancers in our dogs do come on very fast and with no warning. One minute Jake was fine the next morning he collapsed. On his last bleed he was begging for banana five minutes before he collapsed. He had hemangiosarcoma. I will pray your baby stays as comfortable as possible.
Esteemed Contributor

@ccassaday

These cancers are devastating.  Also devastating is the fact that there never seems to be a therapy in tact to properly treat/abate these cancers.  Watching your precious Jake suddenly collapse certainly must have been horrendous.  My heart goes out to you.  And, thank you for your prayers for my girl, Jade.