Esteemed Contributor

Love between a man and his dog and a dog and his "person"

This is one of the most beautiful tributes to a pet I have ever read.  It will pull at your heartstrings and likely bring tears but it is also heartwarming.  A story about the love of a man for his dog and the love of a dog for his "person".

https://www.facebook.com/notes/benny-pointer/yesterday-was-weird/766375600160863

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Love between a man and his dog and a dog and his "person"

Nope, couldn't do it.  Read the first few sentences and my eyes filled up.  Maybe I'll give it a go later.  

Respected Contributor

I had to read and cried the whole time. I lost my constant companion this year, and the flow of those emotions as things happen is so spot on. Thank you for posting. 

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Respected Contributor

I'll have to view it some other time - my emotions are too raw from losing my Scully boy last June - I've already cried a river...

Esteemed Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

I'll have to view it some other time - my emotions are too raw from losing my Scully boy last June - I've already cried a river...

I know just what you mean @hoosieroriginal.  It's been FIFTEEN MONTHS since I lost two of my dogs (and I have a new dog) but my emotions are still raw.  Some days I just cry so much over my lost pets.  I'm sorry you are hurting.  

Respected Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

I know just what you mean @hoosieroriginal.  It's been FIFTEEN MONTHS since I lost two of my dogs (and I have a new dog) but my emotions are still raw.  Some days I just cry so much over my lost pets.  I'm sorry you are hurting.  

@Citrine1 - Sorry for your loss also - it is so heartbreaking when they were such a part of our lives - our family.  My new girl, Story, is sweet, but she's not Scully. 

Esteemed Contributor

@hoosieroriginal Oh......right, your new dog is Story!  I remember reading about her.  The greyhound, right?  I remember that I was going to ask you some questions about greyhounds as I have often thought of adopting one.  I have a greyhound rescue nearby.  I never got around to asking the questions because sometimes just trying to type a post about dogs is hard for me.  I'm getting weepy now.  Honestly, sometimes I wish I could just put on my big girl panties and get over it.  Ugh.  Anyway, I know who to contact when the time is right for me to talk about a greyhound!  If you don't mind, that is.

And I'm sorry that you are still missing your Scully.  I so get that too.  My current dog is such a handful.  I love him but, well you know, it's just not the same.  

Respected Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

@hoosieroriginal Oh......right, your new dog is Story!  I remember reading about her.  The greyhound, right?  I remember that I was going to ask you some questions about greyhounds as I have often thought of adopting one.  I have a greyhound rescue nearby.  I never got around to asking the questions because sometimes just trying to type a post about dogs is hard f@or me.  I'm getting weepy now.  Honestly, sometimes I wish I could just put on my big girl panties and get over it.  Ugh.  Anyway, I know who to contact when the time is right for me to talk about a greyhound!  If you don't mind, that is.

And I'm sorry that you are still missing your Scully.  I so get that too.  My current dog is such a handful.  I love him but, well you know, it's just not the same.  

@Citrine1 - Do you have Facebook?  If so, go to Greyhound Pets of Indianapolis Facebook - they have just posted a video of "Why Racing Greyhounds Make the Best Pets" .  It is the second entry on their website, please watch the entire video.  I watched it and it will show you how loving these animals are.  Once you view it, please write me back!  It will melt your heart!

Respected Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

@hoosieroriginal Oh......right, your new dog is Story!  I remember reading about her.  The greyhound, right?  I remember that I was going to ask you some questions about greyhounds as I have often thought of adopting one.  I have a greyhound rescue nearby.  I never got around to asking the questions because sometimes just trying to type a post about dogs is hard for me.  I'm getting weepy now.  Honestly, sometimes I wish I could just put on my big girl panties and get over it.  Ugh.  Anyway, I know who to contact when the time is right for me to talk about a greyhound!  If you don't mind, that is.

@Citrine1- just look at this happy girl, Story:

006.JPG

Honored Contributor

@Marp wrote:

This is one of the most beautiful tributes to a pet I have ever read.  It will pull at your heartstrings and likely bring tears but it is also heartwarming.  A story about the love of a man for his dog and the love of a dog for his "person".

https://www.facebook.com/notes/benny-pointer/yesterday-was-weird/766375600160863

Thank you so much for this post @Marp . . .  I lost my beloved furbaby last January of 2015 and there were so many parts of this post that reminded me of her passing and I mean that in the best of ways . . . . thank you so much posting this!  Heart