Honored Contributor

Re: Just read a quote on Pinterest that said

@hoosieroriginal I put turmeric in my little girls food to slow down the cancer.She lived for at least five years after the diagnosis and wAs 18 when she crossed the bridge.I made her food myself and used only organic ingredients.The vet was surprised at how well she did for so long.

Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@hoosieroriginal

That's good that she still wants to eat! It's been my experience that when they start refusing to eat, the end is near.

Keep us posted as to how she's doing and give her a big ol' smooch and belly scratch from me & Kingston (my avatar)!Heart

@KingstonsMom - I'm just trying to keep her comfortable at this point and praying I'll know when the decision is to be made.  I think she will let me know - Scully did - but he just hung on for dear life until I got Story two days before he died.  I think at that point he knew Sedona had a friend and he could let go.  I tell myself I don't need another dog except for Story, but I know she'll be lonely without Sedona even though they never really played together with the age difference.  I probably will end up with another greyhound I'm sure.

Respected Contributor

@dex wrote:

@hoosieroriginal I put turmeric in my little girls food to slow down the cancer.She lived for at least five years after the diagnosis and wAs 18 when she crossed the bridge.I made her food myself and used only organic ingredients.The vet was surprised at how well she did for so long.

@dex - how much Tumeric?  I'm not sure she would like the taste of it, but it's worth a try.  Another friend of mine's dog has a brain tumor - she also has researched holistic methods and her dog is still alive after two years - you can feel the tumor on the side of her head.  But she seems fine - Story can't keep up with her when we walk our dogs, she has that much energy, and seems to be a very happy dog. 

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd I read your post and it makes sense, I can understand.

However, thinking about my cats and my late husband, I'd say I'd be willing to go through whatever it took to spend even a few minutes again with those I love (furbabies and my husband).

I can only imagine how wonderful it would be to say the things I'd have said if I'd known in seconds my entire life would change.  True, it was different with my cats (not with all of them though).  

My sweet Jack, was running home to get lunch one minute and the next I got a call from the vet saying, "Come quickly, you just have time to say good-bye".  That was hard.

With Penelope I wasn't going to take her to the vet to die there, I kept her with me in the bed laying next to me all night.  I could feel the warmth of her body and the smell she had (each one had different smells).

So, finally, would I be willing to go through the pain of saying good-bye again, YES!

Honored Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@hoosieroriginal

That's good that she still wants to eat! It's been my experience that when they start refusing to eat, the end is near.

Keep us posted as to how she's doing and give her a big ol' smooch and belly scratch from me & Kingston (my avatar)!Heart

@KingstonsMom - I'm just trying to keep her comfortable at this point and praying I'll know when the decision is to be made.  I think she will let me know - Scully did - but he just hung on for dear life until I got Story two days before he died.  I think at that point he knew Sedona had a friend and he could let go.  I tell myself I don't need another dog except for Story, but I know she'll be lonely without Sedona even though they never really played together with the age difference.  I probably will end up with another greyhound I'm sure.

@hoosieroriginal

Yes, you'll know and Sedona will tell you. My heart breaks for you!

BTW, I'd bet that Scully also held on to help you fill the void left in your heart when he passed (not to replace him!), as well as Sedona would have company.

One of my BFF's had 3 rescued Greyhounds (all at the Rainbow bridge now) and they're beautiful, sweet dogs!

I loved it when she sent pics of them!Heart

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

I would start with a sprinkle and mix in well to food that is enjoyed and then gradually increase it.I gave my little one a quarter tsp a day.

Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@hoosieroriginal

@hoosieroriginal

Yes, you'll know and Sedona will tell you. My heart breaks for you!

BTW, I'd bet that Scully also held on to help you fill the void left in your heart when he passed (not to replace him!), as well as Sedona would have company.

One of my BFF's had 3 rescued Greyhounds (all at the Rainbow bridge now) and they're beautiful, sweet dogs!

I loved it when she sent pics of them!Heart

@KingstonsMom - I basically got Story for Sedona - but she really made the heartbreak easier because she has such a sweet soul.  She's a lot like Scully in that way - very loving and affectionate.  I tell her sometimes I think Scully's little soul went into her - she's so much like him. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Annabellethecat:  I am so sorry for your losses.  Tears in my eyes as I read about your dear husband and the warmth and smell of Penelope.  The things that bring us the greatest joy, we lose with the greatest of sadness.  I truly understand your comments.  Much love.

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@phoenixbrd I read your post and it makes sense, I can understand.

However, thinking about my cats and my late husband, I'd say I'd be willing to go through whatever it took to spend even a few minutes again with those I love (furbabies and my husband).

I can only imagine how wonderful it would be to say the things I'd have said if I'd known in seconds my entire life would change.  True, it was different with my cats (not with all of them though).  

My sweet Jack, was running home to get lunch one minute and the next I got a call from the vet saying, "Come quickly, you just have time to say good-bye".  That was hard.

With Penelope I wasn't going to take her to the vet to die there, I kept her with me in the bed laying next to me all night.  I could feel the warmth of her body and the smell she had (each one had different smells).

So, finally, would I be willing to go through the pain of saying good-bye again, YES!

Honored Contributor

I basically got Story for Sedona - but she really made the heartbreak easier because she has such a sweet soul.  She's a lot like Scully in that way - very loving and affectionate.  I tell her sometimes I think Scully's little soul went into her - she's so much like him. 

@hoosieroriginal, I think the love you give, is the love you receive. **

Honored Contributor

Image result for tears for missing pets images