Esteemed Contributor

Re: I said goodbye to my big guy

So sorry for your loss..

Respected Contributor

I am sorry, I know how this feels. He never would have left your side if he had a choice. He is in your heart always and I believe you will see him again. I call my fur baby my confidant too. She never lets me down. Hugs.

Honored Contributor

I'm so sorry, @Buck-i-Nana.   I cry every time I read about another of our community saying farewell to their little pal.   You and BoomDog were so lucky to have each other.   I'll add what I wrote in another thread...   I've loved and been loved by so many cats (and a few dogs) since I was a toddler, and I believe our souls are made more beautiful with each animal we cherish...  and our hearts break with each loss, yet they're also made more beautiful by those grief-scars.   

When the Japanese mend broken objects, they aggrandize the damage by filling the cracks with gold.    It's an art called Kintsugi or Kintsukuroi.   They believe that when something’s suffered damage and has a history it becomes even more beautiful.   I think all who have loved and lost have hearts that are especially lovely and quite magnificent.   I'll hold you in my prayers and in my thoughts.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

@Buck-i-Nana

It's always extremely to lose a soulmate.  Your Big Guy is happily watching over you 'til you'll be reunited someday.

So very sorry for your loss.Heart