Trusted Contributor

Re: I said goodbye to my big guy

@Buck-i-Nana, I am very sorry for the loss of your 'best buddy'.  You are in my thoughts Heart

Respected Contributor

so sorry to here about the loss of your beloved pet. all of our pets are part of the family. we all love them so much. and again sorry for your loss.

Honored Contributor

@Buck-i-Nana So sorry for the loss of your precious pet

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

My deepest condolences go out to you on

the loss of your beloved boy.

I can relate to the heartache that you're

feeling right now as I have been down that

same terrible dark road many times before

and will be again at some point as I'm Mommy

to five rescued kitties.

Please find comfort and peace in the fact

that your boy always knew how much you

loved him,that he was surrounded by that

same love when you sent him to The Bridge

in peace and with dignity and that he's

now happily running like a puppy with all

of his new friends thru the sunlit meadows

of that most blessed place.

I would like to light a memorial candle for

him on the pet loss dot com site but I

don't know his name...it wasn't mentioned

in your post.

If you read this,please let me know so

that I can light his special candle.

-------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Respected Contributor

So sorry for your loss.

I sure know how it feels.

I'm sure you loved him more than anyone else could.

Hyacinth

Respected Contributor

@Sammycat1 - You're right, they are always with us.

His name was BoomDog because of his big booming voice.

What's made this so especially hard is that his personality was always goofy puppy right up to the end.  He didn't slow down as he got older, he was still my goofy boy who pounced and played and loped around the backyard and would stick his head underwater in the local pond and pull up rocks!  He was so tall that his head was at my waist and every time he would come back in the house with the other dogs, he would poke my arm and stick his head under my elbow and press it into my waist as I scratched under his chin.

It was his puppy attitude and desire to keep going that made it hard for him to cope with his back legs becoming paralyzed.  He kept going as long as he could, but when he could no longer get up or get down by himself, it devastated him and he would cry and whimper watching the other dogs and the cats play.  That's when I knew it was time for us to say goodbye.

I'm sure my Dad and his furry brothers who've crossed over before him were waiting for him as he crossed over that rainbow bridge and Dad handed him a treat.

Esteemed Contributor

@Buck-i-Nana I'm so sorry for your loss.  So many here empathize with the pain you're going through. Blessings to you and your family.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Regular Contributor

Big hugs to you~ so truly sorry for your loss.  Though we know in our head that loss is part of life, it is ever easy on our heart.  May you find comfort in your memories of him and kowing you gave him a wonderful life. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

@Sammycat1 - You're right, they are always with us.

His name was BoomDog because of his big booming voice.

What's made this so especially hard is that his personality was always goofy puppy right up to the end.  He didn't slow down as he got older, he was still my goofy boy who pounced and played and loped around the backyard and would stick his head underwater in the local pond and pull up rocks!  He was so tall that his head was at my waist and every time he would come back in the house with the other dogs, he would poke my arm and stick his head under my elbow and press it into my waist as I scratched under his chin.

It was his puppy attitude and desire to keep going that made it hard for him to cope with his back legs becoming paralyzed.  He kept going as long as he could, but when he could no longer get up or get down by himself, it devastated him and he would cry and whimper watching the other dogs and the cats play.  That's when I knew it was time for us to say goodbye.

I'm sure my Dad and his furry brothers who've crossed over before him were waiting for him as he crossed over that rainbow bridge and Dad handed him a treat.

Thank you for sharing the story of your BoomDog .... he sounds like a wonderful boy.  It seems our pups had similar fates, sadly.  But I'll bet they both knew nothing but oodles of love, too. Heart

Honored Contributor

I am so sad for you.I know it will be hard for a long time to think of your big guy without tears but as time goes on the beautiful memories will bring a smile to your heart.Big hugs .