Respected Contributor

Back in December I started a thread (If it quacks like a duck....) in Shoes about my getting stung by a fraudulent website. Still dealing with this, although no money loss thanks to my bank.

Now it's been reported that the same scammer has started a fraudulent duplicate website of K and H Pet Products. I guess they've created a successful business model.

Name of scammer: ChatCraftPixel.com. But you don't see their name until you place an order on one of their duplicate websites. They send you an e-mail that they have "taken over" your order. They also warn you about other scammers. What a joke.

Respected Contributor

Good warning for everyone, thanks for sharing.  

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

@PickyPicky3   Source?

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac   Source?? @PickyPicky3 Broadcasting. Me -- dealing with this nonsense for almost three months.

Honored Contributor

@PickyPicky3                OK  Didn't know.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@PickyPicky3   Did you receive a sham product from them or nothing at all?  Was this from a Facebook ad?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@PickyPicky3   Did you receive a sham product from them or nothing at all?  Was this from a Facebook ad?

@Kachina624   The scammer claims they put the slippers on a slow boat from China, but the tracker they sent me looks fake. Right now they are showing as being in the USA in customs. I ordered from a fraudulent duplicate website of a name brand. My bank says if they arrive, even late, and are acceptable I will have to  pay the scammer, even though I didn't agree to the terms of sale.

I found the slippers on Amazon, searched to see if a lower price was available and ended up in the fake website. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Fraudulent Website

[ Edited ]

@PickyPicky3.  I gotten jewelry items that took that same slow boat.  The tracking numbers are Asian and don't look like what we usually see.

I once got caught in a similar situation with a deal on shoes.  They took my money and after 3 months, the last time I checked, they were "preparing to ship" from Hong Kong.

I'd used PayPal and they refunded my money.  I use them whenever possible to limit accessibility to my credit card.

Did you report it to Amazon?  At least you can return them if you get a sham product.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624   The fake website was not on Amazon. I found it by searching on Google and reported it to them plus lots of government websites. Haven't checked if it's still there. I keep telling myself just to forget about it and either the slippers will arrive or they won't, but that's hard to do.

Honored Contributor

@PickyPicky3. Please report on the outcome.