Honored Contributor

Re: Found the Best Pet Sympathy Card at Target

@Pearlee wrote:

@lOVETOSHOP  Thank you!

@butterfly123  It's  DressItUp4U  and she has several lovely ones - be sure to see them all.

@Pearlee

The DressItUp4U are my favorites. Thank you again. 

Honored Contributor

@PearleeAs the others have said, thank you for that info. Our pets are so much a part of our families that they should have cards too. Thanks for that info.

Honored Contributor

I always send pet sympathy cards, too.  That sounds like a very nice one.  I love Target's cards.  I always buy several when I find one that I like.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@butterfly123 wrote:

@Pearlee

The DressItUp4U are my favorites. Thank you again. 

@butterfly123  I think hers are great!  I'm glad you agree.  They are very special indeed.

Respected Contributor

Maybe I'm cheap, but I find Target and CVS cards terribly expensive. Three cards with tax can be $10-12.

I go to Dollar Tree where they sell good quality cards for $1 each. They don't look like cheap cards either. Not sure if they have "loss of a pet" cards,  and I would certainly pay full price for one of those if Dollar Tree did not have it.  It would be worth it in that case. I got children's valentines at dollar tree this year and spent two dollars instead of $6-8.

Honored Contributor

@Another new name Sue wrote:

Maybe I'm cheap, but I find Target and CVS cards terribly expensive. Three cards with tax can be $10-12.

I go to Dollar Tree where they sell good quality cards for $1 each. They don't look like cheap cards either. Not sure if they have "loss of a pet" cards,  and I would certainly pay full price for one of those if Dollar Tree did not have it.  It would be worth it in that case. I got children's valentines at dollar tree this year and spent two dollars instead of $6-8.

@Another new name Sue  As I posted above, our dollar stores, including Dollar Tree, used to carry pet sympathy cards but don't any longer.   I don't like to spend a lot on a card either usually, and have in the past found really nice pet sympathy cards at Target for only $1.99 (plus my 5% off for using my Target card), although this latest card was more than that.   I'm willing to spend more on a pet sympathy card because I know so many of my friends will not throw them away, such as my friend who will put it in her scrapbook, and other friends who keep them for the sentimental avlue.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@butterfly123  and others:  

I found another really great and artistic card line today - at one of our gourmet stores!

There are several styles of dog or cat bereavement cards that are really nice.   They are Calypso Cards  with the art done by Amylee Weeks

I just went to their site and you can search cards by that artist's name once you get to the site (see links on the left - one says By Artist and another says By Occasion).  

Do click on Amylee Weeks' name - she has a lot of dog cards.

But also search by Occasion with the link for Pet Sympathy.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee

Thank you for the link and the information.

You are thoughtful, kind and a fantastic friend. 

I will definitely search the site tonight and hopefully order some cards.

Respected Contributor

Of course, often I'm willing to pay the price for a special card, but mostly the bargain cards are just fine.  Just thought of another place they have reasonable cards: Trader Joes, $1 each. 

Honored Contributor

@Another new name Sue wrote:

Of course, often I'm willing to pay the price for a special card, but mostly the bargain cards are just fine.  Just thought of another place they have reasonable cards: Trader Joes, $1 each. 

@Another new name Sue  TJ Maxx and Marshall's also have beautiful hand-made cards for $1.99.  However, I've never seen a pet sympathy card there nor at Trader Joe's. And that's really what this thread is about.