Honored Contributor

Found the Best Pet Sympathy Card at Target

[ Edited ]

A friend of mine's dog passed away yesterday and nice pet sympathy cards are hard to find.  I have found nice ones at Target before so I looked there first.  Target had two outstanding ones IMO and had a few others too (some generic for pets, some particularly for a dog or a cat.  

The one I chose captured my heart with a scene of the sky with clouds on the front, some of them in the shape of paw prints.  Awwwwww.  I just love the cover of this card, esp. since All Dogs Go To Heaven.  The card is generic for a dog or a cat. The cover says, among the clouds, "Our pets are our family and that makes it so hard to lose them"  and then you open up the card and it says "Hope it brings you comfort to know your sweet pet [I will insert the dog's name here myself] had a wonderful ife with you -- a life filled with companionship and love."

I loved both the cloud paws on the front and the card's message.  I hope my friend likes it too.

Honored Contributor

Re: Found the Best Pet Sympathy Card at Target

Adding to my post above, it's a Carlton card, so available many places I'm sure.

Contributor

Your friend will love the card. It sounds perfect!

What a great friend you are too.  It's so thoughtful of you to give her a card for the loss of her dog. She is very fortunate to have you as a friend.

I love shopping for cards at Target. I didn't even know they have sympathy cards for pets. Thanks for the info.  

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee

Thank you for the information. 

I will look at Target and purchase a few....just in case. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@butterfly123 wrote:

@Pearlee

Thank you for the information. 

I will look at Target and purchase a few....just in case. 

@butterfly123  That's a great idea, because they can be hard to find!  I bought an extra one of these as a matter of fact. Smiley Happy

@MerriSherri Thanks - nice of you to say that.  

Honored Contributor

I bought a pet sympathy card this week at CVS, the selection was sorely lacking. It's sad to think that card companies don't see the loss of a pet as that important, if that is the case. They probably just don't sell as well, sales of greeting cards in general are down.

That sounds like a beautiful card @Pearlee

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Respected Contributor

@Pearlee  -  You're a good friend to send a nice card for the loss of a pet.  They really are part of our families.  When our lab died, just shy of her 16th birthday, we received a nice card from a friend with "The Rainbow Bridge" poem in it.  Well, we cried and cried after reading that one.  Your friend will love the card.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@IlliniGirl88  Thank you very much. Yes, I think my friend will like the card.  Another friend of mine keeps scrapbooks on all her dogs and I know she's kept my sympathy cards in the past in each dog's scrap book.  

So sorry about your lab.  Smiley Sad

Editing:  Thanks to @Greeneyedlady21  too - I somehow missed your nice post.  Yes, I've looked at CVS before - not a great selection if they have any at all.  Our dollar stores used to carry pet sympathy cards, surprisingly enough, but the ones nearby don't any more - maybe they didn't sell well. They weren't nearly as nice as the ones at Target anyway.

I've been sending them to friends for years.  They've been on the market for quite a long time but can be difficult to find.

Honored Contributor

Now I'm rummaging around for them and there are some really cool handmade ones on Etsy!

Trusted Contributor

@Pearlee

The card you purchased sounds wonderful.  The message is comforting.  Having lost our wonderful yellow lab last Feb 26, and dealing now with our son's wonderful dog who has a serious cancer and very little time left, I would appreciate a card like that.  It is so difficult; and yes pets are family.  Our other dog still with us is an SPCA dog turning ten in August. 

The only thing to hang onto is pretty much what the words your card expresses.

I'm glad you shared this information.