Honored Contributor

Re: Found the Best Pet Sympathy Card at Target

So I was at TJ Maxx today and looked at their cards, which are really good for $1.99.  I found one - not only one style but one single card - pet sympathy card. It had both a dog and a cat on it.   It's pretty darn good, not as good as the previous ones I wrote about on this thread which cost more, but good.  I purchased it to tuck away for future use.  Inside it just said "sorry for your loss" - not as good as the one in my first post on this thread.

Esteemed Contributor

Amazon also carries a nice selection of pet sympathy cards in a 12-pack at a very reasonable cost.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

@SXMGirl  Thanks for the info.  I'll have to keep that in mind for the next order I place with Amazon where I'm trying to get $35 for free S&H (although I realize this may not qualify, I'll still keep it in mind).

Followup to my very first post:  the recipient of the "paws clouds" card loved both the card and the sentiment.   She was very grateful I'd sent it and she is keeping it with her memorabilia of that dog (photos, collar, etc.).

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@butterfly123   I saw a very lovely new-idea pet card at CVS (forgot which card brand CVS carries).

It was a card to send someone whose pet is seriously ill.  I almost bought it to have around, but wasn't sure whether I'd ever actually send such a card, or knowing a pet was ill, would just wait to send a sympathy card.

The background of the card was a beautiful dark blue and there were black pawprints all over it (so good for cats or dogs).  There were little red hearts in glitter among the paw prints on the front. 

Inside it said something like (I'm not remembering verbatim here but it was a very nice and dignified message): "I'm so sorry to learn your pet is very ill. Please know my thoughts are with you at this time."

Honored Contributor

Thank you. @Pearlee