Honored Contributor

For those with small dogs...

For those that like order too...As the saying goes...

A place for everything, and everything in it's place...so to speak.Smiley Very Happy

I found this at Zulily for those interested...

ooozu29548949_main_tm1437662904.jpg

Honored Contributor

Re: For those with small dogs...

I thought it's dangerous to keep a dog, and esp. a dog that small, in the front seat for the same reason you don't keep a small child in the front seat.  If there's a collision and the air bag goes off on the passenger side, it'll kill or injure the dog (esp. one that size).

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee is quite right about the dangers of the front seat.

As a matter of fact, some tests were just recently done on dog/pet car carriers and most of them failed miserably.

I will try to find that info.  I think it was Whole Dog Journal.

(I am a broken record on Whole Dog Journal.  I only subscribe - no other connection - and LOVE it.)

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Super Contributor

We have a seat belt for our little ******zu (CuJo).  It attaches in the back seat.  He loves it.  

Honored Contributor

But thanks for the thought, though.  8)

Honored Contributor

Yes, if you're interested, go to WholeDogJournal.com and type "car safety" in the search box. The new studies will come up.

Honored Contributor

Hi @Susan Louise

None of these posts are meant to take issue with you.

In fact, I was wondering what you think of Zulily.  It always comes up as an ad for me but i've never tried it.  What is your impression?  Do you like it?

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

Hi @Susan Louise

In fact, I was wondering what you think of Zulily.  It always comes up as an ad for me but i've never tried it.  What is your impression?  Do you like it?

@GingerPeach That's good to know...thanks Smiley Happy

I was just browsing Zulily and happened to see the pic and just thought it was cute. We don't even have pets, so I have done no research. Heavens to Betsy, I'm not out to harm animals Smiley Sad

I haven't bought anything from Zulily yet...was looking at a set of 3 gold finials and I have been on the fence about them. They were shown in this thread HERE...

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@GingerPeach wrote:

Hi @Susan Louise

@GingerPeach That's good to know...thanks Smiley Happy

I was just browsing Zulily and happened to see the pic and just thought it was cute. We don't even have pets, so I have done no research. Heavens to Betsy, I'm not out to harm animals Smiley Sad

I haven't bought anything from Zulily yet...was looking at a set of 3 gold finials and I have been on the fence about them. They were shown in this thread HERE...

It IS, and we KNOW.  8-)

Honored Contributor

It doesn't look as if the dog is strapped into the seat, also dangerous.  I have dog seats which are attached to the car seat by a locking strap.  I also put harnesses on them which attach to the seat strap to keep the pups in place.