Respected Contributor

Re: For all the big dog lovers out there (and those of us that just love furballs) :)

My big guy (100 pounds) thought he was a lap dog.  He also had his own 3 cushion sofa that he basically filled from arm to arm when he stretched out.  He was almost 6 feet tall when he stood up on his hind legs!  He would try and sit in my recliner, and well, you can see he didn't quit fit.

boom on chair.jpg

I miss him so much.  My recent adoptee is a lab/basset mix, looks like a lab on stumpy legs and no where close to 100 pounds.  Just can't manage another big one.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: For all the big dog lovers out there (and those of us that just love furballs) :)

@apple1964 wrote:

@CareBears wrote:

I have had big dogs and what I found out is "The bigger the dog, the bigger the baby", I love animals!

Sorry, CareBears my computer is going crazy it lost my post and quoted yours.Woman Embarassed What I wanted to say was that I have five rescue dogs. All different sizes and shapes and I love them all. The big dogs are gentle giants and big love buddies.Heart

Esteemed Contributor

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

My big guy (100 pounds) thought he was a lap dog.  He also had his own 3 cushion sofa that he basically filled from arm to arm when he stretched out.  He was almost 6 feet tall when he stood up on his hind legs!  He would try and sit in my recliner, and well, you can see he didn't quit fit.

boom on chair.jpg

I miss him so much.  My recent adoptee is a lab/basset mix, looks like a lab on stumpy legs and no where close to 100 pounds.  Just can't manage another big one.

Adorable.... I have had labs and lab/mixes and they are such characters.Woman LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

boom on chair.jpg

Oh, @Buck-i-Nana, when I look at this picture (and another one you posted on another thread) of your big guy, tears come in my eyes........what a beauty and a heart filler. 

Happy to hear you adopted again.  Maybe you can post and report about your new baby.....

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!