Esteemed Contributor

I am so sorry for the passing of your precious Paco.  May Paco fly free at the Bridge.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

@NeNe1010 wrote:

I had to have my 10 year old Parrotlet, Paco, put to sleep today. I knew something was wrong - his head was nodding and he couldnt seem to perch for long as his feet wouldnt grasp the perch very well. The Avian Vet confirmed my suspisions- age and obvious developing neurological damage starting. She said they could run more tests but she didnt forsee a good outcome and the stress from the testing alone could end his life. She recommended euthanasia and I couldnt stand to see him suffer anymore so I agreed. I made the promise most make when they lose a pet as I drove home- No more pets! It's to much pain when they pass. The odd thing was when we went in the clinic they had a beautiful Amazon by the door and he was yelling like Amazons do and being very active. After I came out of the Vet's office with Paco's little body the Amazon was totally silent in his cage with his head resting on his chest. I told the receptionist it was like he knew. She said his name is Jerry. When I passed his cage to leave I said Goodbye Jerry and he took his head off his chest and I swear, looked directly at me with sadness in his eyes. I know it sounds crazy but it felt like he was sharing in my grief and understood what had happened and it made me feel a little better.     

@NeNe1010

Awww .....   I'm so sorry for your loss .... but please keep an open mind about a future pet.   Take the time to grieve, as long as it takes.   However, the day may come when you feel in your heart that it's time to provide a new companion with a forever home.    Nothing like the love of a two or four legged baby!

Valued Contributor

I am so sorry. We love our fur and feather babies so much, when it's time to cross the Rainbow Bridge, they take a piece of our heart with them. I am thinking of you and will keep you in my prayers. 

Esteemed Contributor

@NeNe1010  I am so sorry for the loss of your Paco.  I am glad you took comfort from the Amazon in the office.  He clearly knew what had taken place.  Pets are awesome. 

You are a kind, loving person.  In time, you will be ready to open your heart again.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@NeNe1010

I am so sorry for your loss ZenWen.  Jerry knew.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Your loss of little Paco reallly spoke to my heart.  So very sorry for your loss.

Respected Contributor

The day after you posted about losing Paco,I lost my finch. He had a lump pop up on his throat and off we went the vet. It was a very fast growing malignant tumor and he died at the vet office.I thought about you and Paco and when I buried him ,I told him (in my heart) to look for Paco....they may become little friends. Who knew I would be in your shoes so soon? It is never easy but the posters here are very kind and supportive.  Hope you are doing ok.

Respected Contributor

@NeNe1010

((((hugs))))  Cried reading your loving farewell to Paco.  Yes, Jerry knew what had transpired.  Take comfort in knowing that Paco will be there to perch on your shoulder when the time comes.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Trusted Contributor

@NeNe1010, I am so sorry for your loss of Paco.

Jerry knew what had happened and he was sharing in your grief.  My thoughts are with you.

~

@birkin baby, perhaps Paco was there greeting your "little finch" ... sorry for your loss ... R.I.P. "little finch".

Honored Contributor

@NeNe1010

I am so very sorry for your loss.  It is a pain that cuts so deeply.  Please grieve as you must for your Paco.  And then give some thought to all the others out there who need the love you can give.

Yes, I believe Jerry knew.  As you know, animals are very attuned to our feelings.

May your baby Paco fly freely, and may your heart hurt a little less every day.  Paco will always be there.

Blessings to both of you.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras