Honored Contributor

Dog In The Bed With a You?

[ Edited ]

I have never been a fan of animals in or on my bed....but, before we go to sleep, my DH likes to let our Golden Retreiver up on top of the covers for a few minutes With us  as a treat.  A few pets and belly rubs.....then back down.  The dog LOVES it.  And now she looks forward to it every night.

Do do you let your animals on your bed? 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Dog In The Bed With a You?

Of course. My cats can sleep with me as they like....even under the covers if they like.

Respected Contributor

My dogs used to sleep with me all the time.  I got shingles about 5 years ago and my girl dog wouldn't sleep with me anymore (I was in such pain I think I kept her awake all night).  She started sleeping in a crate.  My boy dog slept with me until his death last June.  Now my new greyhound sleeps in a crate next to my girl dog's crate in my bedroom.  I'm getting such better sleep now!  I don't think I'll ever have another dog sleep with me.  I didn't realize how much I was awake with them sleeping with me. 

Honored Contributor

Sure do.  Wouldn't have had it any other way.  My kitty though is 18 and can no longer jump on the bed.  I bought him stairs, but that didn't work out.  I miss him being on the bed.

Respected Contributor

Yup.  I don't think I could sleep if my big guys wasn't sleeping with his back against my back!  My little terrier and one of my cats sleep at my feet.

The seniors I have rescued over the years though never joined us though they were always invited.  I always keep a nice doggy bed right next to my bed for the ones who don't or can't get up on the bed.

Honored Contributor

Frankie is on the bed with me a lot while watching television.  My bed is high, though, and she has jumped off it in the past.  She sleeps in her crate now to prevent that from happening.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

Yes! He is such a good sleeper and never bothers me. Frankly, I'd rather have this little darling in bed with me than another man! Woman LOL

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Esteemed Contributor

Yes, always.  My dog thinks the bed is his and I'm the visitor he graciously makes room for.

Respected Contributor

We (DH and I) enjoy having Jessie, our Golden, ON the bed.  (She loves it, too.)  We jokingly call it our "family time."  But she has never been IN the bed on the sheets.

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Respected Contributor

When I had shih tzus I let one or two sleep on my bed, but after they passed I decided that I want my bed all to myself.  I rescued two poms this past summer, and they have nice sherpa beds on the floor next to me.  One of them would rather sleep under my bed.  I've decided that they are just not clean enough to get in my bed.  Especially after running in the yard and chasing after feral cats.