Esteemed Contributor

DOES YOUR DOG EAT LIKE A

[ Edited ]

PIG??  I mean, do you have to clean up around the food bowl or water bowl after they use it?  My Willie, after 5 other dogs, is the WORST eater of them all.  He eats, stops, walks around a bit, drops little pieces, eats some more and it goes all around his bowl.  His bowls are up on a stand and that has to be wiped down after each meal. And of course, his mouth has to wiped off after eating, too. 

I really don't think you can teach a dog to eat neatly, do you?

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

Re: DOES YOUR DOG EAT LIKE A

[ Edited ]

I have two dogs, one of whom is always starving.  If there is a crumb of food anywhere, she will find it and eat it.  There is never anything for me to clean up.  She even licks her dog sister's bowl when she is done eating just to make sure nothing is left.

This dog scarfs food so fast, you'd  swear i never feed her.

I have spaniel water bowls, no water gets on the floor ever.  These bowls are designed to keep long eared dogs dry while they drink.  They work.

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

PIG??  I mean, do you have to clean up around the food bowl or water bowl after they use it?  My Willie, after 5 other dogs, is the WORST eater of them all.  He eats, stops, walks around a bit, drops little pieces, eats some more and it goes all around his bowl.  His bowls are up on a stand and that has to be wiped down after each meal. And of course, his mouth has to wiped off after eating, too. 

@tends2dogs

Well, I blame it all on you ..... you're obviously a bad mommy for not teaching your four legged kids proper table manners.   Uh, I mean bowl manners.  LOL    Woman LOL

Super Contributor

When you're that cute, you can eat like a pig if you want to. Mercy is a neat eater. 

While I breathe, I hope - - South Carolina
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@tends2dogs wrote:

@tends2dogs

Well, I blame it all on you ..... you're obviously a bad mommy for not teaching your four legged kids proper table manners.   Uh, I mean bowl manners.  LOL    Woman LOL

@Tinkrbl44  I knew we were being too lenient.  LOL  Time to crack down on the little guy!

Honored Contributor

My two present dogs are very neet eaters....bowls are licked perfectly clean....no mess, no spills.  I have had  dogs that were terribly messy and sloppy eaters.  I think it is just the way they are, how they are born,

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MercysMom wrote:

When you're that cute, you can eat like a pig if you want to. Mercy is a neat eater. 

@MercysMom  Of course, she does!  Afterall, she can even take selfies!  LOL

We had a female Old English that never got the fur around her mouth wet from drinking or messy from food.  The males, ehhh, not so much LOL, however, Willie is the messiest.  It's okay,   it will have to be,    OINK! Smiley Wink

Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

I have two dogs, one of whom is always starving.  If there is a crumb of food anywhere, she will find it and eat it.  There is never anything for me to clean up.  She even licks her dog sister's bowl when she is done eating just to make sure nothing is left.

This dog scarfs food so fast, you'd  swear i never feed her.

I have spaniel water bowls, no water gets on the floor ever.  These bowls are designed to keep long eared dogs dry while they drink.  They work.

@Carmie

I will look into these spaniel water bowls.  Willie's ears aren't that long yet, but will most likely grow some more.  I have had dogs that were real good at cleaning up after the other.  I can see now, that was a better trait than I knew.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

And then on the other hand are the beared wonders who drink water, walk away and have drippage everywhere!

In our lifetime DH and I have had 6 dogs, all but 2 have (or had) beards - our first Sampson a 'dale mix pound hound, our first airedale Ozwald (standard size), 'dale #2 Clementine (of the oorang variety, the large tall one), and our current royal standard Wallace the poodle.  I think the airedales were the worst but I must admit, 2 loves of my life. 

Every time any or all of these sweeties drink one of us MUST be close by to dry their beards the second they're finished drinking otherwise it's mopping up the kitchen floor.  Catch them before they shake the water everywhere or else we're mopping the floor AND drying off ourselves!!!  LOL

Would we trade them for dogs without beards?  Not in a billion years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

And then on the other hand are the beared wonders who drink water, walk away and have drippage everywhere!

In our lifetime DH and I have had 6 dogs, all but 2 have (or had) beards - our first Sampson a 'dale mix pound hound, our first airedale Ozwald (standard size), 'dale #2 Clementine (of the oorang variety, the large tall one), and our current royal standard Wallace the poodle.  I think the airedales were the worst but I must admit, 2 loves of my life. 

Every time any or all of these sweeties drink one of us MUST be close by to dry their beards the second they're finished drinking otherwise it's mopping up the kitchen floor.  Catch them before they shake the water everywhere or else we're mopping the floor AND drying off ourselves!!!  LOL

Would we trade them for dogs without beards?  Not in a billion years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@PINKdogWOOD  I know how you feel.........they are so worth everything we do for them.  I don't think we would keep doing it over and over if we didn't. 

I love your dog's names, too.  Smiley Happy