Valued Contributor

So sorry for your loss. Yes it is horrible to go thru. I lost my most precious little girl, it will be 1 yr on Jan. 14, 2017. It still hurts so much. I can't bear the thought of getting another one because I don't think any would ever live up to her. We have 2 rescues but they are really my husbands buddies. I pet them & do things with them but still miss my baby so much. I pray for you because I do feel there is power in prayer. Pray that you find a way to move forward from this pain & heal. I am still working on that. Don't let anyone tell you it was just an animal or to just get over it.  Our furbabies are very much part of our families & lives. It is truly heartbreaking to loss them. God bless

Honored Contributor

Sending,

Image result for sending prayers and hugs images

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman

I am so sorry to hear about your cat's diagnosis.  Somehow it just doesn't seem fair, after all you've been through with your other cats.  Try not to dwell on the future too much.  Having or not having any other pets is not a decision you need to make right now.  Right now your energy is rightly focused on the cat you do have in your life, for however long he remains.  After all, that's all he is focused on.

@ItsME  I can so relate to your words.  

Respected Contributor

So sorry to hear about Spencer.  There is no real way to get over it!

I can still be brought to tears thinking about a kitty I lost years ago.

I am  sure you are loving him the best anyone could.  You have given him a lifetime of love, and that is the BEST any of us can do.

As you spend time with him, know that your love has been best.  No one could have loved and cared for Spencer better.

Hyacinth

Trusted Contributor

Having experienced pet loss, I can easily understand what you are going through and I'm so sorry.

When I lost my dog, it was like losing a piece of my heart.  The emptiness in my house was unbearable and I got another dog 2 months later.  The guilt I felt was palpable.  I felt like maybe I did it too soon...no dog could replace the one I lost.  But with time, my heart healed with my new dog.  It was hard, but I felt it would have been harder just dealing with the emptiness.  Now, 5 years later, I feel it was the right choice for me.  But you have to do what is right for you...everyone is different.

My way of thinking is, it is better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all.

It hurts to lose someone we love, but I feel it is worse to have never had that someone in our lives!!  What we learn from our furbabies is invaluable!  That will never leave us.

My thoughts are with you!

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman I am truly sorry about your pain and sadness. I lost a beloved dog eight years ago and I still think about her all the time. 

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Esteemed Contributor

I know what you mean.  We lost our 12 yr old basset hound May 28th. She had cancer.  It was untreatable. 5 months to the day that my Dad passed, we had to put her down.  I bawled like a baby.   Neither of us have any interest in another furbaby. 

Regular Contributor

@Witchy Woman

Sending prayers.  It's never easy, is it?  

I know it doesn't feel like it right now, but you are one of the blessed ones.  You have known the love of these steadfast companions in your life.  You are a steward of God's creatures.

To me, worth the heartbreak.  Totally.

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman I'm so sorry.  Many of us have had animals who've gone to Heaven.  I've had quite a few cats.  I understand your heartache.  But just think how lonely your life would have been like had not not been able to give and receive the love or all of your furbabies.  Take care.

Respected Contributor

Non  pet owners do not understand the bond.  My basset died  about 25 years ago and I still pray to him and take out his photos and tell him I love him.  One of my birds died due to  my error about 2-3 years ago and I still blaim myself and feel aweful