Respected Contributor

Re: Chloe needs your prayers PLEASE

@tends2dogs

I'm so blessed to have this little one.....and you all give me the courage I need. She was a perky pup this morning and we enjoyed our morning walk! Got all her pills in her EXCEPT the tummy capsule...that's the tough one. Guess I will go buy some chicken livers, vet tech said they love them! 

Love you all, thank you for helping me and Chloe

Esteemed Contributor

Well, that does it -- I saw the photos of your girl and fell in love!  She's a beauty -- hang in there with her treatment and keep positive!

Respected Contributor

@Mustang Shar wrote:

@AnikaBrodie

Ah those are Blenheim , aren't they just gorgeous! Chloe is a ruby girl, this upload will go up sideways...have no idea why iPads post goofy here..

image.jpgimage.jpg

Oh it came up correctly but can't edit the above text...lol

OMG could she possibly be any cuter?! Heart Heart

Honored Contributor

@Mustang Shar,

Praying for Chloe. I hop she is better this morning.e

Trusted Contributor

@Mustang Shar wrote:

@tends2dogs

I'm so blessed to have this little one.....and you all give me the courage I need. She was a perky pup this morning and we enjoyed our morning walk! Got all her pills in her EXCEPT the tummy capsule...that's the tough one. Guess I will go buy some chicken livers, vet tech said they love them! 

One of my Poms has to have medication twice a day and I buy Grass Fed Angus Ground Beef that's raised with no antibiotics, no added hormones, no artificial ingredients, wrap her meds in that and down they go!! Feed it raw and never had a problem.

Respected Contributor

One of my dogs takes thyroid meds twice a day.  I put them in small pieces of turkey hot dogs.  He loves them!  It's cheap and easy.

Honored Contributor

@Mustang Shar

My mom's cavalier is not a ruby. You are a wonderful mom to Chloe and she is perfect and beautiful! I am sorry about the diagnosis, but I will keep praying and believing for you and Chloe. I stand by what I believe that prayers are answered and miracles do happen. Meanwhile, you have your furry family member back with you and from the pictures she looks happy. Chloe is loved and she loves you back🌹

Respected Contributor

@arrabella wrote:

@Mustang Shar wrote:

@tends2dogs

One of my Poms has to have medication twice a day and I buy Grass Fed Angus Ground Beef that's raised with no antibiotics, no added hormones, no artificial ingredients, wrap her meds in that and down they go!! Feed it raw and never had a problem.

@arrabella

That's the kind of ground beef I buy, I don't like any other kind. Raw! That's awesome!! Plus, these little babies have such small mouths, mine licks a lot of these like liver sausage, ect. Then she finds the pill....so I combined her Nutro kibble and made a meatball. That worked. I will go out tomorrow ...just didn't feel like leaving the house today.  Thank you!

Respected Contributor

Chloe was a spirited happy girl this morning, ate and drank. But sleeping most of the day, except for walks, then she perks up tail wagging, but gets tired very quickly and I carry her back. 5 minute walk ever few hours.

Got her favorite toy, wagged her tail, sniffed it but no playing. This breaks my heart, it also frightens me big time. I know...it's only day 2 and she is only a bit better than when I initially took her in. I'm hoping it's the steroids, I'm praying I will have my happy girl back again.

Please Lord, don't take her she is sooooooo loved.😢🙏🐾🐾👀💔

Honored Contributor

@Mustang Shar wrote:

@tends2dogs

@Mustang Shar

It may take Chloe a while to get used to taking pills.  Once she does she may let you know it's time for her pill.  That's what Anika does for us.  It's like they have an internal clock and they just know.  Smiley Happy

I thought of another way you might try to get pills into her.  When we took Brodie (at the Bridge) for training one of our former trainers suggested this as treats.  Buy all beef hot dogs.  Slice thin, quarter them and place in microwave for just a few minutes.  Mic until well cooked.  Serve as treats during training periods.  We did this for a period of time and they worked great.   All the dogs in the club loved them. 

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~