Esteemed Contributor

Re: Chloe almost eight months

Aww KACHINA that is so sweet. My four yearold niece still thinks chloe will jump and get her hair. We keep telling her she is past that stage now. 

Esteemed Contributor

It's so funny to hear people's reactions with her greetings who haven't owned a golden. My uncle came over the other day and when he walked out back of course her EGD kicked in. He asks my mom don't you exercise this dog. Lol. She gets played with a lot plus a two mile walk on most days. They have a little eight pound dog. But what makes goldens such a great dog is for the most part they love kids and people. She has been through two rounds of training.

Honored Contributor

@ccassaday wrote:

It's so funny to hear people's reactions with her greetings who haven't owned a golden. My uncle came over the other day and when he walked out back of course her EGD kicked in. He asks my mom don't you exercise this dog. Lol. She gets played with a lot plus a two mile walk on most days. They have a little eight pound dog. But what makes goldens such a great dog is for the most part they love kids and people. She has been through two rounds of training.

And they're inherently so gentle.  8)

Honored Contributor

Ccassaday wrote:

My baby is almost eight months. She is a sweet and beautiful girl. She loves people so much she has excessive greeting disorder lol.  She is 51 pounds so she will be a small or average golden. I think she looks like a mini golden because Jake was so tall and 90 lbs.imaChge.jpg

Sending your beautiful girl lots of hugs and kisses...please deliver!

--------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Respected Contributor

She is beautiful.  Golden's are my favorite breed of dogs.  Have fun with her.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes they are gentle but not as puppies. It is a handful to have a very young puppy and a toddler around. But as adults once they mature they are very gentle. She has settled down a lot with the kids now.
Respected Contributor

@ccassaday wrote:
Yes they are gentle but not as puppies. It is a handful to have a very young puppy and a toddler around. But as adults once they mature they are very gentle. She has settled down a lot with the kids now.

You are right about that.  Puppies are so cute, but they are a lot of work.  We've had our share puppies over the years, and they do grow into good dogs. It's all in how you train them.

Currently my daughter has three rescue dogs (they were puppy mill moms) and we got each of them at about 4 years old.  Wow, talk about training.  They knew nothing and it's really hard to train a dog at 4.  But now they are doing great and are the best dogs. 

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for sharing ... she is beautiful......that made my day!!!

Respected Contributor

OMG< I remember seeing her baby photos! LOL.  She has grown into a beautiful young lady.  Cat Very Happy

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Esteemed Contributor

Chloe was officially eight months yesterday.image.jpg