Super Contributor

Can someone recommend a puppy food

I've been feeding Mercy Nutro Max large breed puppy food since we got here. She eats, but I don't think she's thrilled with it. It runs me about $18 - $23 per bag at PetsMart depending if it's on sale. The low to mid $20's is the price range I need to stay in. Can someone recommend a puppy food that your dog loves that's also good quality? 

While I breathe, I hope - - South Carolina
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Can someone recommend a puppy food

[ Edited ]

Chloe is on the purina pro plan. You can get it at petsmart. She is on the adult sensitive skin and coat. They have a large breed puppy. Lots of breeders recommend it. She didn't do well on the nutro. They have different size bags. We always buy the biggest bag. I believe the 40 lb bag is around $40.

Super Contributor

@ccassaday

Thanks for the suggestion. After reading reviews, I think that's what I am going to try. I hope your fur babies issue with limping when she gets up is better!

While I breathe, I hope - - South Carolina
Valued Contributor

I would suggest Acana or Orijen. It's wicked expensive but actually smells like food. My daughter tried a piece of our dog's Acana (don't ask) and said "It's not bad!"...lol

I'll take her word for it.

Esteemed Contributor

@Quse wrote:

I would suggest Acana or Orijen. It's wicked expensive but actually smells like food. My daughter tried a piece of our dog's Acana (don't ask) and said "It's not bad!"...lol

I'll take her word for it

I like Acana and Orijen ( i will take your daughters word for it too ). You will need to use less food with a higher quality product.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Super Contributor

check Costco or Costco online. They use real meat!

Esteemed Contributor

@MercysMom wrote:

@ccassaday

Thanks for the suggestion. After reading reviews, I think that's what I am going to try. I hope your fur babies issue with limping when she gets up is better!

Go figure she hasn't done it since. 

Honored Contributor

We finally got our little puppies tummy and digestive system on a roll.  She can't do a diet that has fat in it. We get her canned dog food at the vets. We get a bag of dry there too. She's fine and dandy now. See what the vet says to be sure, esp if she's having any issues.

Super Contributor

My puppy loves both of these, although pricey...check out chewy dot com...I am on auto delivery...Their customer service is one of the best.

Esteemed Contributor

I forgot to mention. Chloe seems to have a slight chicken allergy. The pro plan she is on now was one of the very few that had no chicken fat or anything. And she stopped itching. It seems to be a brand of food most dogs do very well on.