... Party http://www.guy-sports.com/humor/pictures/picture_cats_party.htm

Honored Contributor

Re: CALLING ALL PANCAKERS!!!!

@puglet1 wrote:

Par-tay?

Entries tagged with: History

or PAR-TAY! ?

... Party http://www.guy-sports.com/humor/pictures/picture_cats_party.htm

Me and my catnip lovin' kittehs say PAR-TAY!!!

Wishing all of you Pancakers a very peaceful and pleasant Sunday. :-)

Hopefully we'll hear from adelle again at some point this week...once she gets done with all of her lovely unpacking and moo-ving chores!!!

--------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Trusted Contributor

Hello Pancakers.

The move has involved complications and has been exhausting. Yesterday, we were supposed to finish clearing out and cleaning my old apartment but we had a sad event. My son called and said his friend's dachshund was missing. She'd been left with the owner's neighbor while they were away and ran out. She had no chip or tags. They found her body beside a busy road where she had been hit.

I later found out through a Dachshund rescue that it had happened right after she ran out Friday night. Some one saw her running in the road and tried to get her to come to them. Instead, Lily ran into traffic. They put her on the grass but had no way of find her home. I began posting through Dachshund FF pages and that's how we found out what happened.

My son and I frequently babysat Lily over the last 9 years. She was smart, loyal and stubborn. There is no way she would go to a stranger. She would have nothing to do with most people but she adored my son and the feeling was mutual. He is really traumatized by this suddon loss.

Sorry to have such sad news. I'll post again once I'm more setttled.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Honored Contributor

@adelle38 wrote:

Hello Pancakers.

The move has involved complications and has been exhausting. Yesterday, we were supposed to finish clearing out and cleaning my old apartment but we had a sad event. My son called and said his friend's dachshund was missing. She'd been left with the owner's neighbor while they were away and ran out. She had no chip or tags. They found her body beside a busy road where she had been hit.

I later found out through a Dachshund rescue that it had happened right after she ran out Friday night. Some one saw her running in the road and tried to get her to come to them. Instead, Lily ran into traffic. They put her on the grass but had no way of find her home. I began posting through Dachshund FF pages and that's how we found out what happened.

My son and I frequently babysat Lily over the last 9 years. She was smart, loyal and stubborn. There is no way she would go to a stranger. She would have nothing to do with most people but she adored my son and the feeling was mutual. He is really traumatized by this suddon loss.

Sorry to have such sad news. I'll post again once I'm more setttled.

adelle..

My heart goes out to you and your son, as well as to his friends, on the sudden and tragic loss of precious Lily. :-(

I'm sending your son lots of Comfort Hugs...please deliver them to him for me.

((((((((((  COMFORT HUGS)))))))))

----------------------------------------

Respected Contributor

058_520x390.jpg

Hi All, I just found a few pancake family pictures and hope to post them.

Respected Contributor

P9084519640x480.jpg

Respected Contributor

I know I have more pictures, just have to find them.

Honored Contributor

@CLEM wrote:

058_520x390.jpg

Hi All, I just found a few pancake family pictures and hope to post them.

CLEM... This photo of La Pancake (before she became "over fluff-a-fied!) with Beano and Tigger is so adorable...but what's really funny is the one that you posted right after it... that of a much larger Pancake and Beano, both trying to fit into the sink! Please continue to post any others that you come across. They bring back such wonder-fur memories. :-)

Honored Contributor

Last Monday Morning In June Greetings

This month sure flew by...The July 4th Holiday Week-end begins this Friday! Before you know it...dare I say it???...I do!....it'll be Winter again!! :-0

Wishing all of you Pancakers a fabulous day and that it marks the beginning of a week that brimgs each of you much happiness,good health and lots of pawsome stuff! :-)

Super Contributor

Good morning Pancakers,

Oh, adelle, I'm so sorry to hear about Lily.  I was tearing up as I read your post. :-(

Sending comforting hugs to you, your son, and his friend.

CLEM, the pics of La Pancake and her family are fur-tastic!  I wasn't around at the beginning and it's so nice to see them as little 'uns.

Beastielove, June sure has flown by.  As usual, I'm not looking forward to the fireworks on July 4th.  We'll see if Mr. M and I have to hunker down in the bathtub for the 30 minute display, which will be basically right outside our windows.  Hopefully, he will be ok judging from his non-reaction to the loud city noises.