Honored Contributor

Asking for prayers for sick dog.

I don't come to the pet forum much, and usually only read here without responding much.

I just wanted to come and ask for prayers and positive thoughts for our senior pup, Grady (a Border Collie mix and from a rescue, about 13 years old). He has been aging (like us all) on what seemed to be a rather normal course.

The  last couple of weeks he is off of his eating routine, to the point he is not eating or drinking at all. The short version of the story is that he is currently in the hospital, has been undergoing tests, and nothing is definite or helping yet.

I believe he has acid reflux issues that go back a long time, and could be a big part of the problem, but maybe not all. Many of the tests are coming back with good results, but they are becoming more invasive and more expensive. 

Just a little overwhelmed this morning, financially and emotionally. Missing having him at home, and have been praying for the doc's to be led in the right direction, praying for myself to have the insight to know what step to take next. Trying to know when enough is enough, and when we should keep on trying.

Any positive thought or prayers for us would be greatly appreciated.

Contributor

Re: Asking for prayers for sick dog.

Hugs to you and your precious fur baby.  As far as trying to judge when enough is enough, take it from someone with experience...when that time comes you will just know, there will be no guessing.

Esteemed Contributor

Positive thoughts for the entire family

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Respected Contributor

Prayers and good thoughts for both you and Grady. Hang in there. Hopefully today is the day they will find out what the problem is...and FIX IT!

I've walked this path many times. Currently I am running the old folks home for doggies. I have one who is eleven, another is thirteen and has cancer, and my oldest, Yogi, will be seventeen in a couple months. There's always someone peeing or puking on the carpet around here. Ha!

I will be praying for Grady today.

pup 

Honored Contributor

@dapooh1 wrote:

Hugs to you and your precious fur baby.  As far as trying to judge when enough is enough, take it from someone with experience...when that time comes you will just know, there will be no guessing.

@dapooh1

Thanks for that reminder. We have been down the aged pet path a number of times. Most of our pets have made 18 years, and we've done a lot of old age maintenance type care and watching.

I'm just more overwhelmed this time. I think because of the empty nest (almost, kid still officially living here but between his work schedule and college schedule, never home anymore) thing, and so much more time on my hands, this one has been closer to me than many of the others. I was always very busy with work, child rearing, school etc. but now much of the day it is just me and Grady. Throw in a little menopause, and I'm a hot mess!

But you are so very right. Even though the other times were painful, I did know when it was time, and I hope I will this time as well.

Contributor

Prayers to you and hopes that Grady makes it home for many more good years with your family.

Honored Contributor

Sending tons of very special prayers to your precious Grady and tons of very special Comfort Hugs to the both of you.

(((((((((MOMINOHIO & HER BELOVED GRADY)))))))))

--------------------------------------------

All of my children have paws =^..^=

Esteemed Contributor

My 13 1/2 cocker (Cocoa) just got over being sick after not acting normal all winter.  Finally she was messing all over the house from both ports (vomit and rear) - I shampooed carpets for a solid week every day.

In the hospital on IV antibotics and fluids - we thought it was the med for her ageing joints and perhaps that was the cause; but it started up again after eliminating that pill.  I decided to stop giving her a daily Omega 2 in her dinner cuz she refused to eat again

- I tasted the gel cap on my tongue and it tasted awful.  I threw out $60 worth of supply  and stopped giving her one treat - although it said made in USA.

Doc said it could be colitis - a bug in her intentensal (spelling) track - whatever it was she bounced back and acting like a puppy again exept for her joints/stairs.

So please review treats and/or anything she usually eats - prayers for your friend.

Trusted Contributor

Positive thoughts and prayers for Grady and your entire family.

Esteemed Contributor

I feel your pain and devastation.  LOVE and PRAYERS for Grady along with positive thoughts fr a speedy recovery:  my heart goes out to you and I will pray for Grady daily as I pray for y Jade.

You mentioned digestive problems.  I've got Din-O-Vite and two doctors told me it's good stuff when I had them check it out.  It's full of probiotics, so was thinking it might help?

Anyways, praying for a speedy and totaly recoveryHeart.