Esteemed Contributor

Another milestone for our Libby.....

[ Edited ]

Libby went to her heart and lung doctor yesterday {Saturday} and got a good report from her doctors. Everything is excellent. And we feel very blessed. She now has a part-time job taking care of a little girl with heart issues as well. She told me the other day that she wants to work with children with health issues to give them hope. Libby will be 15 in October and she was not suppose to live past five. For those newer members who do not know our back story with Libby.. She is our younger daughter [we have two] who was born  with lung and heart problems. At the age of two had ten operations in a period of 9 months of those two years to repair a hole in her heart. We almost lost her three and a half years ago. And we had so many blessings and prayers for Libby before her major heart surgery and after that she has made it though and each year she goes for her wellness check and her EKG and other heart and lung tests.  Each year she gets stronger and stronger ... and this was a child who was in a Wheelchair and could not play with the other children six years back. God was looking out for Libby. And each year she goes for her tests she thanks all of you for praying for her and getting her well. That is why I am sharing our wonderful news with all of you! God bless you all!

Respected Contributor

Re: Another milestone for our Libby.....

Wonderful news and progress, many blessings for the very strong young lady.....

Honored Contributor

Libby,

Esteemed Contributor

Well, I'm grinning ear to ear about this marvelous young lady who -- along with her Mom and entire family -- mean so much to ours.  We will feel forever privileged that she and our Schmoo cat were Cyber Heart Buddies; their fighting ways inspire so many.

Please tell Libby that my husband and I are so happy for her.  Recently I was in New York City about publishing the book about Schmoo, and when I told agents about the relationship between Schmoo and Libby, they all melted -- one even got tears in her eyes, and let me tell you, these are tough business people!

Congratulations, Libby!  You are one tough fighter!

Trusted Contributor

Well this has sure brought tears to my eyes. I am so happy for Libby and all of you. Libby may have been born with a damaged heart but she sure has one of the biiggest. Her love and concern for animals has made me a fan for life. Way to go Libby!!!!

We do not remember days,we remember moments.
The Rainbow Bridge!!!
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@apple1964 wrote:

...God was looking out for Libby. And each year she goes for her tests she thanks all of you for praying for her and getting her well. That is why I am sharing our wonderful news with all of you! God bless you all!

Dear Libby,

I've read your mom's posts from afar for many years & am so very thankful for your health and testimony today. Miss Libby, you are remarkable, young lady, and I feel blessed to have been able to get to know you and your family. Here you are in your mid teens and paying it forward! You have already touched so many lives here on the Q boards and with your health care professionals. I cannot begin to imagine all the good you will do in the future.

I was afraid when the Forum format changed I'd lost contact with you. It is so good to read your mom's update. Please tell your mom, dad and older sister that I've prayed for them, too.

Looking forward to continued good news.

Love,

dee

Trusted Contributor

@apple1964 wrote:

...God was looking out for Libby. And each year she goes for her tests she thanks all of you for praying for her and getting her well. That is why I am sharing our wonderful news with all of you! God bless you all!

Dear Libby,

I've read your mom's posts from afar for many years & am so very thankful for your health and testimony today. Miss Libby, you are remarkable, young lady, and I feel blessed to have been able to get to know you and your family. Here you are in your mid teens and paying it forward! You have already touched so many lives here on the Q boards and with your health care professionals. I cannot begin to imagine all the good you will do in the future.

I was afraid when the Forum format changed I'd lost contact with you. It is so good to read your mom's update. Please tell your mom, dad and older sister that I've prayed for them, too.

Looking forward to continued good news.

Love,

dee

Honored Contributor

For Libby:

@apple1964

Thanks much for your update on Libby.  I am thrilled she received a great report from her doctors.  When I read your post I thought of the scripture reference (above) and thought what an awesome God we serve.  God has special plans for Libby.  (((Hugs))) and continued blessings for Libby and your family.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Esteemed Contributor

Thank you, all for your posts... they mean the world to us. Godbless.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sammycat1 wrote:

Well, I'm grinning ear to ear about this marvelous young lady who -- along with her Mom and entire family -- mean so much to ours.  We will feel forever privileged that she and our Schmoo cat were Cyber Heart Buddies; their fighting ways inspire so many.

Please tell Libby that my husband and I are so happy for her.  Recently I was in New York City about publishing the book about Schmoo, and when I told agents about the relationship between Schmoo and Libby, they all melted -- one even got tears in her eyes, and let me tell you, these are tough business people!

Congratulations, Libby!  You are one tough fighter!

Thank you, Sammy so very much. Anna