Respected Contributor

What was the first Nick Chavez product you tried?

The first Nick Chavez products I tried was Nick's Traditions Yucca Root Shampoo and Conditioner. It worked so nicely on my hair that I decided to try Nick's other products as well. I also think it's rather underrated because it works so well, but gets no air time.

After that, I tried Nick's Traditions Raindrops, Traditions Prickly Pear Restoring Mist, Starlet Shine and Amazon Hair Body Building Spray.

Then I gave Nick's Velvet Mesquite Serum a try and my hair just drank it up. Then I tried Nick's Velvet Mesquite Hydrating/Thickening Styling Gel and that's another one of my favorites.

So Nick's Traditions Line and his Velvet Mesquite Line are my favorites so far.

Which Nick Chavez product did you try first?

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Esteemed Contributor

Re: What was the first Nick Chavez product you tried?

Two failures, two successes. First was POUF Root Lift Spray, made my hair too stiff in root and surrounding area, couldn't get a comb or brush through it without pulling too hard. Soft Flocker, does nothing for me except make my hair kind of greasy. Still experimenting with that but still no luck so far. Velvet Mesquite Hydrating/Thickening Shampoo & Conditioner and the Plump N Thick Shampoo & Conditioner. BINGO! Like them both so I alternate every few shampoos between the two, having good results.

Regular Contributor

12 years ago Nick had a Plump 'N' Thick discovery kit and I believe that was my second ever purchase from QVC.  I loved how full and thick my hair looked with those products and have loved Nick ever since.Heart

“Memory is a way of holding on to the things you love, the things you are, the things you never want to lose.”
Honored Contributor

I liked his Sexy and Sassy Shampoo and Conditioner, did both volumizing and thickening.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi ladies!  It's been awhile since I've posted on here -- just getting over a cold, from burning the candle at both ends -- working 2 jobs, and when I wasn't working, I was playing.  I'm not 21 anymore!  Smiley Happy

Great question, NCB!  My first products from Nick were in 1999, when his products were "Perfect Plus" -- Shampoo 1 for "normal" hair, and Shampoo 2 for volumizing.  I got the 2 kit, which had shampoo, conditioner, a brush which finally died a year or so ago, and I'm not sure what else.  I watched Nick for about a year before I got the nerve to order his products, but I just adored him and his enthusiasm and sincerity, and the rest is history.  I've used only Nick's products since then, and couldn't be happier with my hair!

It's good to see activity on here, including my friend Raindrop!  I've missed you! 

Lastly, prayers for peace and safety going out to those in France and all of Europe.  I told Nick I would be praying for him since he'll be there all this week -- tomorrow and Monday on QVC Italy, Tuesday on QVC France, and Thursday on QVC Germany.  Peace and goodwill to all!

Janice

Respected Contributor

Hello, @shaggygirl. Smiley Happy Glad Nick's Velvet Mesquite Shampoo/Conditioner and his Plump 'N Thick Shampoo/Conditioner is working well for you. If the SoftFlcoker and POUF! Root Lifting Spray isn't working, you should probably return them soon so you can get a refund.

Hello, @Raindrop7. Smiley Happy Wow! That's a long time to be using Nick's products. As much as I love Nick's products, I'm still pretty new to all of them. Don't think QVC carries Nick's Plump 'N Thick Discovery Kit. They do carry his Home & Away essentials, which comes with the full sized Plump 'N Thick Shampoo/Conditioner, the travel size Plump 'N Thick Shampoo/Conditioner and a can of Starlet Shine Spray.

Hello, @Shelbelle. Smiley Happy I don't think Nick sells that anymore. He does have his Plump 'N Thick Line and his Volumizing Line, though.

Hello, @JanCA. Smiley Happy Go easy there with the working and partying. Smiley LOL I'm still a newbie with Nick's products, but I love watching him on QVC.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Super Contributor

Hi 

What a fun question.  Way back when Nick first appeared on QVC and was Perfect Plus, I got the Violet Shampoo and conditioner (it was for blonde colored hair to keep it from getting brassy and all the other good things Nick products do) and the extra hold hairspray the one in the 8 ounce bottle with the pump (don't like aerosol can hairspray) and the Omega 6 Re-Activator.  Almost every product I use is from Nick with a few Salma Hayek Nuance items that I use on alternate days and to make the Nick stuff last longer.

I am still waiting for the new replacement for the Re-activator, love that stuff and is about the only thing that makes my naturally curly hair behave.

tkins

Respected Contributor

The first and only is the Amazon hair spray which is good.  I want to eventually try his shampoos given I am a shampoo junkie  but I have too much shampoo as it is lol

Regular Contributor

NC Bandwagon, No, they don't sell that discovery kit anymore.  There were 3 styling products, his Plump 'N' Thick hairspray.  

I've missed you too Janice.  I am going to try and come on here more.  I've had a lot going on but I've missed you ladies.  Heart

“Memory is a way of holding on to the things you love, the things you are, the things you never want to lose.”
Respected Contributor

Plump & Thick Hairspray, still use it to this day, nothing comes close. HG for me.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield