Contributor
My best friend is going thru a rough time. She was first a widow and then divorced a cheater...married a guy because of a child. He was a manipulative, controlling jerk. She finally left...leaving the house, properties,money etc behind. (Not leaving her daughter). A few years later finds her soul mate and best friend. A couple years in he is still having a hard time dealing with being number 4. It hurts her to know he feels this way. He kinda gets mad and for a better word pouts about it. I don't know how to help him or her with this. Advice?
Esteemed Contributor

Honest? She has found herself another jerk. So childish. She really needs to consider if she really wants to stay involved with this guy. Sorry if I seem harsh, but his behaviour is childish, selfish, and tells me he thinks he is far superior to her.

Does she really want to spend the rest of her life with this guy looking down on her?

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Trusted Contributor

It really isn't your responsibility to solve problems in your friend's marriage, and it's almost sure to cause problems if you involve yourself.  If she expresses concern about her relationship with her husband, you might ask if she and her husband have ever considered marriage counseling.......and suggest it's something she might consider.  Beyond that, it's best to stay out of it.

Super Contributor
I agree with goodstuff; I would think twice before getting involved.

If she were my friend, if pressed, I would tell her that being happy 'alone' is better than being stressed out 'with a partner'.
Respected Contributor
MYOB! Who are you to judge who is a failure of not?

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Respected Contributor

Hello, HappyDaysRcomin and welcome. Smiley Happy

Perhaps it might be best if they both go to counseling.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Honored Contributor

They need couples counseling.

Valued Contributor

Their problems are not your problems. Why would you think it's up to you to try and fix either of them? 

Contributor

what's soul mate ? if you really find a soulmate he wouldn't push you that way you suffered .otherwise it isn't a soulmate .and i don't know if there is soulmate in the world .as a mother ,if a person who doesn't love my kid i never love him ...

Honored Contributor

There is such a thing as a soul mate because I found mine 41 years ago. I know I am very lucky,  every one is not so lucky in love and marriage. I would rather be alone than wish I were alone. I have to wonder about someone who keeps choosing the same type of guy and expecting a different result.