Super Contributor

Re: Would you love your child . . .

@YorkieonmyPillow I know right? I just turned 62 about 2 weeks ago..I just can't deal with the stress of it all...My poodle and I just want to relax and enjoy life...tired of the bickering.

Super Contributor

@LilacTree Thank you, your two have placed you in an awkward position..Praying they see the light..but my experience tells me the one who has done the mean things will never change and the other is being self-protective.

Super Contributor

@homedecor1 Yep, I agree.

Esteemed Contributor

If the email was sent only a week ago, has it occurred to anyone that the estranged daughter may be processing what was said and drafting a reply?

How long has all this been going on, and she's really to throw in the towel after just a week?

That speaks volumes.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

If the email was sent only a week ago, has it occurred to anyone that the estranged daughter may be processing what was said and drafting a reply?

How long has all this been going on, and she's really to throw in the towel after just a week?

That speaks volumes.

@YorkieonmyPillow

I know, right?

I feel bad for the estranged daughter.

Imagine how it must feel to know that the whole family hates you.

Thing is, the estranged daughter had all of her legal ducks in a row when she sued the favorite daughter, and the estranged daughter won her case.

It seems to me that the favorite daughter is using that to manipulate Mom, and Mom is buying it hook, line, and sinker.

Plus, Mom is playing favorites.

Sorry to be harsh, but I'm just calling it like I see it.

Respected Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

That speaks volumes.

@YorkieonmyPillow

I know, right?

I feel bad for the estranged daughter.

Imagine how it must feel to know that the whole family hates you.

Thing is, the estranged daughter had all of her legal ducks in a row when she sued the favorite daughter, and the estranged daughter won her case.

It seems to me that the favorite daughter is using that to manipulate Mom, and Mom is buying it hook, line, and sinker.

Plus, Mom is playing favorites.

Sorry to be harsh, but I'm just calling it like I see it.

Ding, ding, ding!! 

She CHOSE a side. How did she think it would go? The same song and dance and wanting validation here for what she did. Plus she seems to be bent on vilifying the "bad" daughter here. Yet has no clue why that daughter wants nothing to do with her!!!

She seems to enjoy the victim roles and now two of her daughters are just like her.. So poor them. Yet they do nothing to make it better. Mother enables it.   SMDH

Esteemed Contributor

Don't be surprised if this thread goes bye-bye, or at least closed and locked because not all of the posts are sympathetic.

Respected Contributor

Since the OP has posted about this before, she assumes everyone knows all the background.  Frankly, most people don't have that good of a memory of a situation they aren't directly involved in.  So the comments are based on what we are told/can remember.

We don't know the circumstances of the property sale...perhaps the building was owned by "bad" daughter and the other daughter and her children lived there knowing that there was a potential sale coming someday?  If legally the estranged daughter could sell the property, it obviously was hers to do with as she wanted/needed to.  The daughters involved were adults...not children.  Whatever the case...it was a long time ago, and other than offering emotional support, I don't know why a parent would let their relationship with a child be damaged so badly over it.

OP says she is 80 and in poor health.  If her "good" daughters would hold it against her and vilify her for reaching out to and being in relationship with estranged daughter...then they sound like very unkind and manipulative people.  They should cut their mother some slack and let her love ALL of her children.

Esteemed Contributor

@LilacTree

I have a long career working in the legal system which has allowed me to work with counselors, social workers, therapists, psychologists and psychiatrists.  

I was not privy to you telling this story, but have put together many pieces from somewhat cryptic posts you have made over time.  Unless requested, I will not offer my opinion on this matter.  

I will, however, say I believe this family estrangement is eating away at the very core of your soul.  It is well documented that unresolved issues such as yours can manifest themselves in physical ailments.  I will only urge you to not go to your grave as things stand...

Respected Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

@LilacTree

I have a long career working in the legal system which has allowed me to work with counselors, social workers, therapists, psychologists and psychiatrists.  

I was not privy to you telling this story, but have put together many pieces from somewhat cryptic posts you have made over time.  Unless requested, I will not offer my opinion on this matter.  

I will, however, say I believe this family estrangement is eating away at the very core of your soul.  It is well documented that unresolved issues such as yours can manifest themselves in physical ailments.  I will only urge you to not go to your grave as things stand...

@magicmoodz  I agree with your post.  I only gave my thoughts because OP posted in this open forum, which made it appear that she was looking for opinions.  If all you want to hear is agreements...I think that is what your facebook friends are for.  This is a different kind of forum.

I too hope that OP can find some resolution and peace.