Honored Contributor

I've used powder for years in the boobage area.  

Respected Contributor

I've always used it all over, including sprinkling it in my underwear after showering to stay "fresh" smelling all day. I guess that's one way it migh migrate to certain places, especially since I have no sense of "too much"! 😬 I also give my "girls" (or should I say my "toddlers"(lol) extra sprinkles when it is hot outside! I'm not saying this is a done deal, just figure that if there are any precautions I can take against the C word, I should. I've watched most of my family die from various forms of cancer so I try to look out for anything that might swing the pendulum in my favor! I just put it out there . Everyone can make his or her own choice. Oh, yes, it IS the talc that's the culprit, I just call things by the products I use, like Kleenex, Kotex, Vasoline, etc. Baby powder just came to mind!

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Trusted Contributor

Thank you for your post.  I used to love Estee Lauder talcum and used it years ago.  But at least twenty years ago, women were informed of the dangers linked to ovarian cancer.

I lost my mother to ovaian cancer when she was fairly young (56), so I immediately stopped using any powders. I thought by now all women had stopped using it, but I guess I was wrong.   

Honored Contributor

Re: Stop using baby powder!

[ Edited ]

I believe some of  those legal TV advertisements state baby powder, too.  I had to take a second look.   Anyway, if it's not good for adults, what about the babies?  Just wondering................Yesterday, I jotted down the name of two advertisements actually mentioning 'baby powder'.  One is the Cellino and Barnes attorney advertisement.  The other one is in an upstairs room, and I'll post when I'm upstairs.  Too lazy to go up there right now...........

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

p.s.  Either I forgot about the warnings years ago, or I didn't know about them until lately via the TV commercials (legal ads).

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

@susan in California wrote:

Thank you for your post.  I used to love Estee Lauder talcum and used it years ago.  But at least twenty years ago, women were informed of the dangers linked to ovarian cancer.

I lost my mother to ovaian cancer when she was fairly young (56), so I immediately stopped using any powders. I thought by now all women had stopped using it, but I guess I was wrong.   

I'm so sorry for your loss! Maybe if we keep this message out there from time to time no more mothers, wives, daughters, sisters, neighbors, friends...will have to die senselessly anymore!😊

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ROMARY wrote:

I believe some of  those legal TV advertisements state baby powder, too.  I had to take a second look.   Anyway, if it's not good for adults, what about the babies?  Just wondering....

It made me really wonder, too! I always sprinkled each freshly wiped babe of mine generously with that heavenly scented powder before fastening the clean diaper! Now, oh, the guilt, the guilt!😳

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm guessing that they're still using baby powder on babies.  Well, let's hope that it's a different formulation, without talc, etc.   p.s.  I heard somewhere along the line: that using baby oil isn't good, because the babies inhale it and it's dangerous for their lungs......?   Same with cats inhaling it, if I correctly recall. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have been using baby powder for 40 years.I love it and have no intention of stopping.   I feel yucky without it, but I never put down below.

I heard years ago that the poder can cause respiratory problems in babies.  I know I use so much that my husband used to ask me if I thought I was a donut?   Bwah ahahahah

Honored Contributor

My dear Mother passed away from LUNG CANCER and she used talcum powder as well as perfumed talcs (like from Avon) her entire life, even as a young woman, breathing in that plume of powder every day~!  

I've heard tons about the proposed link between talcum and cervical cancer but I firmly believe there is also a strong link between talcum and lung cancer....  unless you are wearing a gas mask I don't know how a person can avoid breathing it in...

I remember her trying to get me interested in talcum powder as a kid and young adult... I just wasn't and now I'm glad.

If you use talcum powder, just be aware that you are breathing it in as you are using it .... Woman Sad

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*