Frequent Contributor

Re: So worried about my daughter

This is a shame. We need universal health care. You should not have to go bankrupt to receive medical care. Being healthy should be a right lot a privilege.
Contributor

Re: So worried about my daughter

I am so sorry to hear about your daughter.  I am the mother of a 26 yr. old daughter who has a host of serious problems since age 14.  At a very young age, she displayed anxiety, which runs in my famiy, I have always had it and my older daughter as well.

But my daughter has a duel situation of Borderline personality disorder, which is an absolute nightmare and drug addiction, started with grass im guessing when she turned 14 than pills and graduated to heroin at 16.  She was in rehab twice, this last time was for a year in NY and it wasnt a week before she relapsed.  This has been my life for 12 years now.  She is very estranged from me and her older sister, lives with a guy she knew in highschool, who was a friend of her boyfriend of 6years and he comitted suicide in May 2014 on Memorial Day weekend, and my poor daughter found him.  I still cant beleive that is real.  She doesnt work, go to school or have any kind of normal life.  She refuses to go to therapy or take any of the offers of help that my older daughter and her husband have offered her.    She is a very beautiful girl and a gifted artist and has compassion and empathy.  I feel for you because i know the pain that never leaves and the heartache to see your child not be able to experience joy and the simple pleasures in life that she does not have because she doesnt know them.  I pray a lot and will pray for your daughter.  G-D knows and sees everything and there is a reason for everything, just hold on to your faith as hard as it can be at times, its the only thing thats real.  Heart