Trusted Contributor

I envy my friend who always has her decorations completely packed up Dec. 26. But, I know she doesn't decorate to the extent that I do. Each year I wonder, how much longer can I do this?? And, each year my husband says "Let's go away somewhere next Christmas." Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Christmas needs to be moved to February... I've always though it would be nice if the holidays were a bit more spread out and there was something to look forward to AFTER the New Year... Personally, I like winter, so looking forward to spring, at least at this point, isn't any big draw for me...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

The first workday after NY is a great day - the whole world goes back to normal - I like normal. Since yesterday was my birthday ,we spent it out and about doing things I like - so our normal will start today. I think we need a break in our everyday lives and the holidays gives us that - then we can appreciate when everything goes back.

Trusted Contributor

Even though the retailers pushed us into the holidays around Sept. {#emotions_dlg.laugh} - it seemed to me it came and went , so quickly. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

As a child , the holidays weren't pleasant times, so as an adult - I make it a point to make the most of the celebration . I do enjoy the sales and shopping, but never allow the "real meaning of the season" -to be anything ,but front and center. {#emotions_dlg.wub}

That said, it just seemed so hustled, stressed, and so many were just so darn rude and almost "hateful/angry{#emotions_dlg.huh}" - instead of joyous and kind. Maybe just the area . that I am in.{#emotions_dlg.unsure}{#emotions_dlg.sad}

I know we all have our issues, heart aches, illness, etc - but you have to try to find the positives in life and make what you can of them.

You'll find my heart at the Rainbow Bridge. Smiley Sad
Honored Contributor

I agree that they seemed to have come and gone so quickly... They do every year, but it seems it was especially the case this year... We had lousy weather for much of December this year, so they weren't even particularly festive, so I hate to see the season fade. I invested a lot in preparing for it and it just seems to have been a let down this year. At least it's snowing here today, so it seems a bit seasonal... Better late than never, I guess.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

My stuff came down January 2nd (I like to have it done before I go back to work). We just have a tree and nativity, and some "sit around" things, no garlands, no outside decoration except for wreaths at front/back doors. The house does look a little bare, but I use a good bit of color/pattern in my everday decor, so it's not too bad.

All my Christmas decor--except for the tree--fits in one large and one small bin!

Frequent Contributor
On 1/6/2015 twocent said:

Even though the retailers pushed us into the holidays around Sept. {#emotions_dlg.laugh} - it seemed to me it came and went , so quickly. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

As a child , the holidays weren't pleasant times, so as an adult - I make it a point to make the most of the celebration . I do enjoy the sales and shopping, but never allow the "real meaning of the season" -to be anything ,but front and center. {#emotions_dlg.wub}

That said, it just seemed so hustled, stressed, and so many were just so darn rude and almost "hateful/angry{#emotions_dlg.huh}" - instead of joyous and kind. Maybe just the area . that I am in.{#emotions_dlg.unsure}{#emotions_dlg.sad}

I know we all have our issues, heart aches, illness, etc - but you have to try to find the positives in life and make what you can of them.

Hi Two! Beautiful heartfelt post <3 !
Trusted Contributor
On 1/6/2015 stevieb said:

I agree that they seemed to have come and gone so quickly... They do every year, but it seems it was especially the case this year... We had lousy weather for much of December this year, so they weren't even particularly festive, so I hate to see the season fade. I invested a lot in preparing for it and it just seems to have been a let down this year. At least it's snowing here today, so it seems a bit seasonal... Better late than never, I guess.

Totally agree. Just wasn't the excitement in the air , this year. I look so forward to the holidays and so hate , that they have come and gone again, already.{#emotions_dlg.ohmy} Maybe that is just me, getting older. I felt so much anticipation, and now it is just "over and gone." {#emotions_dlg.sad}

We had a dreary , unseasonable warm and rainy week -and of course I was wishing for that soft falling snow that seems to escape the holidays, each year.

We have light snow today, and though it is beautiful - it's just not the same. **sigh**

Trusted Contributor
On 1/6/2015 ByTheBay said:
On 1/6/2015 twocent said:

Hi Two! Beautiful heartfelt post <3 !

{#emotions_dlg.wub}Smile

Honored Contributor
On 1/6/2015 Shogirl said:

I envy my friend who always has her decorations completely packed up Dec. 26. But, I know she doesn't decorate to the extent that I do. Each year I wonder, how much longer can I do this?? And, each year my husband says "Let's go away somewhere next Christmas." Smiley Happy

this is where I majorly downsize, and plan a vacation.