Honored Contributor

The food stamps are for his benefit and he should keep them.   

Trusted Contributor

@HLP 

I almost said the same thing, our adult daughter has moved back home after a long and nasty divorce and she pays no rent, nor anything towards food.

The day will never come that I can't afford to put a roof over her head and food to eat.

And she is not 'disabled', just working really hard to get back on her feet.

And we're happy to help her!

Trusted Contributor

Until I know the rest of the story I can't hazard a guess between what is or is not acceptable for mom or the son. I just don't think it my business.

Critter Lover! (especially cats!)
Super Contributor

Re: Opinion wanted

[ Edited ]

My opinion is that I wouldn't repeat anything I overheard at church of a personal nature.

Honored Contributor

@Jaspertimes wrote:

My opinion is that I wouldn't repeat anything I overheard at church of a personal nature.

Thumbs Up on Apple iOS 16.4

Honored Contributor

@We rescue cats wrote:

Until I know the rest of the story I can't hazard a guess between what is or is not acceptable for mom or the son. I just don't think it my business.

Some people just have to make things their business.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Opinion wanted

[ Edited ]

I can't really offer an opinion on this family's situation.  I don't know all of the variables.

In my family, adults contribute to the household.

@panda1234- what's your opinion? 

Respected Contributor

Perhaps more time should be spent on prayer and meditation, rather than eavesdropping and judging strangers in church and then running to the internet asking for more judgement by strangers.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Respected Contributor

@KingstonMom wrote:

$35 worth of food stamps wouldn't buy much at today's supermarket prices.

If it was that big of a deal to Mom, she should have made it part of the rent deal to start with.

Pretty petty, IMO.

@KingstonMom @I agree $35 won't go far at the store. Mom was told the money is for "extras" such as fresh fruit not canned. I guess you could say it is an upgrade.

Respected Contributor

@qbetzforreal wrote:

I can't really offer an opinion on this family's situation.  I don't know all of the variables.

In my family, adults contribute to the household.

@panda1234- what's your opinion? 

@qbetzforreal @I totally agree that adults do contribute in some form. If not financially then physically by helping around the house.