New Contributor

Re: Noisy Kids in public places?

On 9/30/2014 NYwoman said:

I will never understand places that restrict dogs yet allow boisterous, undisciplined children screamed, crying, running around, yelling at their parents.

ITA

Respected Contributor

On 9/30/2014 chziggy said:
On 9/30/2014 NYwoman said:

I will never understand places that restrict dogs yet allow boisterous, undisciplined children screamed, crying, running around, yelling at their parents.

ITA

I live in a very hot and humid area, I was in a department store one day and a couple had their dog with them. I asked if anyone had said anything to them and I loved his reply. He said IF anyone says anything thing he would ask "Would you rather I leave her in the hot car while I shop in your store?"

I know this gets away from the unruly children but I wanted to share this.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Super Contributor

I saw a sign recently in a medical facility that stated, "Please control your children for the well being of others." Businesses do lose customers because of uncontrolled children. I've quit going to one hairdresser and one chiropractor because of the screaming, toy slinging, children running around in their waiting rooms These children could cause a bad fall for someone.

Respected Contributor

On 9/30/2014 Ranchergal said:

I saw a sign recently in a medical facility that stated, "Please control your children for the well being of others." Businesses do lose customers because of uncontrolled children. I've quit going to one hairdresser and one chiropractor because of the screaming, toy slinging, children running around in their waiting rooms These children could cause a bad fall for someone.

I have seen these signs too but for some reason they do not apply to the unruly children that are there when I am.

I guess the parent got a free pass from the facility to let their child run wild that day.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Frequent Contributor

As i've gotten older, i dont have the patience i used to have. And yes, i agree, kids nowadays do not have respect for anyone or anything. I live in an apartment building. Been here for awhile and have seen families come and go. OMG..These women (cause most of them are single parents) just let there kids outside, no one watching them (and some are very little, like 3, 4 or 5 yrs old!) and they are screaming there heads off, throwing toys, hitting each other. I've talked to a few of the parents (when i can find them) and they say (and i hate this phrase) "they are kids, let them be"!!!!

Um, yes, they are kids, but they dont have to act like animals. I realize its an apartment, but there has to be a line somewhere. But, you can tell the good kids from the bad, from the parents. Its so true (sorry to say). I asked one bunch of kids to please play on the other side (where they actually live!) and the mom came over later telling me to "never talk to her kids"!!! Really? unreal.

Its so very sad to see. Cause those kids are going to grow up and then how are they going to be? Scary.

I have 3 kids ( one is 25, one is 18 who has Autism, and a 13yr old) The 18 and 13 live at home still. Even with her autism, i would never be in a situation that would be uncomfortable for other people. I would leave, go outside somewhere else, or go home. And she learned the rules!! Kids have to be taught, plain and simple.

Somehow, along the way, no one is following any rules, or showing an respect. You see it on the news every night. (sorry, off my soapbox now!) Smiley Happy

(side note, its not all kids. There are plenty of good, respectable kids out there. Wish there were more)

Super Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.devil2}My parents always just gave me "the look" and I knew to shut up... or else. I did the same with my kids. Nowadays, parents are afraid to discipline their kids because they are afraid their kids won't like them.

Super Contributor

A hair salon should be treated like a Dr.office.....I not only blame the parent but most of all your stylist for not stepping in.

I for years had to ask the parents to either make arrangments for their children and adding that MY HEART WOULD BREAK if their child got ahold of a pair of shears or even a HOT IRON....I say call the salon and let them know you might consider never returning if they do not try and resolve the situation. Funny thing is parents always listen to the hairdresser. Or those I crossed did. The salon seems to have a lack of respect as a business.

As for other public places I mostly dine in quiet,and shop online. Those who are my friends are like you and i AND DO NOT HANG ROUND long if a situation like that starts.

AND I ADORE WELL BEHAVED CHILDREN--AND PARENTS WHO TEND TO SUCH I RESPECT EVEN MORE.

Trusted Contributor

There is no reason for brats to run riot. Hate them and their stupid lazy parents.
Honored Contributor

Growing up (there were 4 kids in my family all 3 years apart). We were given that look and if we still didn't behave we were taken outside and talked too and when we did get home, my dad would beat us with a belt, had enough of those beatings (my dad was abusive to say the least). We were told to keep our mouths shut and smile pretty while waiting for meals at all eating establishments (fast food was just getting its foot in the door when I was a JR. in high school).

My grand kids are taught to keep there mouth shut and behave or else. Neither of the kids allow there kids to be disruptive.

Sadly kids are pretty much ruling the planet. a parents lifts his/her hand for disapline, the kids yell abuse and report the parents and parents are charged with breaking the law.

DH and I were out for a quick bite to eat several years ago at a local restaurant. One of the kids at the next table smashed a ketchup small bag for fries with this fist. The ketchup flew everywhere including on my DH good suit (we had just come from church) and white shirt. DH was able to get the mess cleaned up without staining. The dad just looked at the kid and said that wasn't nice, and left it at that. Now DH and I are really leery when we are seated around kids.

Respected Contributor

In a restaurant, I've often gotten up and found a table away from the noise and told the waitress the reason for the move without apologizing. If they moved their noise near me, I would get the manager. In the supermarket and in Macy's when kids were running around wild and came near me, I'd stop in their path, look down and in my best commander's voice say Stop running here before you fall and hurt yourself or me! I think if a parent came over to me to intervene, I'd tell them I will be an eye witness for the store should any accident occur.
We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill