Esteemed Contributor

Re: Noisy Kids in public places?

@Shanus wrote:

You hit a nerve. This a pet peeve of mine. Excuse me for being blunt here. If your kids don't know how to behave in a public place and/or you (the parent) can't control them, leave them home. Yes before anyone jumps down my throat, I have 2 grown kids and 2 grandchildren. My husband and I were respectful of the fact that when others went to a restaurant, they expected to have a nice meal and be able to hear each other talk over crying & boisterous kids/babies. The same goes for parents who bring babies or young children to a PG 13 or R rated movie because they didn't want to pay a sitter or couldn't find one. A crying baby is disturbing and has no business in a theatre. Wait until it comes out on DVD. The worst offenders  are those parents who sit by and continue their conversations and allow their children to talk or scream through a movie or bang silverware in a restaurant. Do I say something to them? Darn right! It is not the child's fault. It is bad parenting! If I'm in an adult restaurant after 6:30, I don't expect a kid at the next table to be jumping around, banging feet against my booth, etc. Parents, take them outside immediately & remove them from the situation. They will learn very quickly that if they don't behave, they cannot have that privilege. Kids hate being excluded almost as much as being isolated from the group. Jeeeez! Sometimes I think today's parents spend more time training their dogs than their children!! 

@Shanus This is the best post I have read on this thread.  You nailed it!!!  Everything you said is true.  Parents don't care what their kids do.  I work for a doctor and this young woman comes in to make an appointment and she had a young child with her.  I would say the kid was around 2 or 3 years old.  The little boy took it upon himself to take the stack of business cards out of the holder and throw them around the waiting room.  The mother stood by and did absolutely nothing.  I asked her to pick up the cards and control her child.  She told me she wouldn't make an appointment now if you know what froze over.  I told her don't let the door hit you in the you know what when you leave.  Was glad to see her go.  Parents today just don't care.  Only thing they care about is their next cell phone call.  

Trusted Contributor

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

You hit a nerve. This a pet peeve of mine. Excuse me for being blunt here. If your kids don't know how to behave in a public place and/or you (the parent) can't control them, leave them home. Yes before anyone jumps down my throat, I have 2 grown kids and 2 grandchildren. My husband and I were respectful of the fact that when others went to a restaurant, they expected to have a nice meal and be able to hear each other talk over crying & boisterous kids/babies. The same goes for parents who bring babies or young children to a PG 13 or R rated movie because they didn't want to pay a sitter or couldn't find one. A crying baby is disturbing and has no business in a theatre. Wait until it comes out on DVD. The worst offenders  are those parents who sit by and continue their conversations and allow their children to talk or scream through a movie or bang silverware in a restaurant. Do I say something to them? Darn right! It is not the child's fault. It is bad parenting! If I'm in an adult restaurant after 6:30, I don't expect a kid at the next table to be jumping around, banging feet against my booth, etc. Parents, take them outside immediately & remove them from the situation. They will learn very quickly that if they don't behave, they cannot have that privilege. Kids hate being excluded almost as much as being isolated from the group. Jeeeez! Sometimes I think today's parents spend more time training their dogs than their children!! 

@Shanus This is the best post I have read on this thread.  You nailed it!!!  Everything you said is true.  Parents don't care what their kids do.  I work for a doctor and this young woman comes in to make an appointment and she had a young child with her.  I would say the kid was around 2 or 3 years old.  The little boy took it upon himself to take the stack of business cards out of the holder and throw them around the waiting room.  The mother stood by and did absolutely nothing.  I asked her to pick up the cards and control her child.  She told me she wouldn't make an appointment now if you know what froze over.  I told her don't let the door hit you in the you know what when you leave.  Was glad to see her go.  Parents today just don't care.  Only thing they care about is their next cell phone call.  

@BlingQueen022 - this Child will be a future Snowflake too.

Super Contributor

That parent has every right to get her hair styled or cut as you do and as the other poster expressed you have no idea of the family situation in addition there are services you can use and call to have stylists come to your home you can order food in and continue to shop at the Q so you never have to be around other people's children apparently you had a perfect family and never once had a child cry or experienced a temper tantrum lucky you you may also consider a private jet
Esteemed Contributor

I had one very interesting experience in a restaurant.  I was siting with friends and simply waiting for our meal.  We were in a  booth.  A family behind me had two kids, one in a high chair and the other on the seat behind my head.  Well it did not take much to get my atention.  That kid tossed food over into my hair and on my seat.  I turned and the parents just laughed.  They thought it was cute.  We asked to be moved and the waitress obliged.  

Honored Contributor

@Fashionistasincebirth wrote:
That parent has every right to get her hair styled or cut as you do and as the other poster expressed you have no idea of the family situation in addition there are services you can use and call to have stylists come to your home you can order food in and continue to shop at the Q so you never have to be around other people's children apparently you had a perfect family and never once had a child cry or experienced a temper tantrum lucky you you may also consider a private jet

@Grace6663582

Seriously???     Are you JOKING ....???

People have every right to shop, go to the movies, etc etc, and not have to endure someone else's bratty kids.

If a parent can't be bothered to teach their children how to behave in public, either leave them at home, or leave them with a friend!  

I can't believe how many people I've seen just let their kids cry and scream, have tantrums .....  and stand there & do nothing.   What they SHOULD do is either soothe the child, or take them out of the store immediately so other shoppers aren't upset.    That's not only good manners ... that's common sense!    

Esteemed Contributor

Why aren't these kids in school? I would think why the people who worked in the store would not say anything to the parents.. if the parents aren't doing anything. Insanity! I agree parents are not taking care of there children ...not at all.

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Grace6663582

Seriously???     Are you JOKING ....???

People have every right to shop, go to the movies, etc etc, and not have to endure someone else's bratty kids.

If a parent can't be bothered to teach their children how to behave in public, either leave them at home, or leave them with a friend!  

I can't believe how many people I've seen just let their kids cry and scream, have tantrums .....  and stand there & do nothing.   What they SHOULD do is either soothe the child, or take them out of the store immediately so other shoppers aren't upset.    That's not only good manners ... that's common sense!    

I agree they these kids needed a good time out and so do the parents.

Esteemed Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

I had one very interesting experience in a restaurant.  I was siting with friends and simply waiting for our meal.  We were in a  booth.  A family behind me had two kids, one in a high chair and the other on the seat behind my head.  Well it did not take much to get my atention.  That kid tossed food over into my hair and on my seat.  I turned and the parents just laughed.  They thought it was cute.  We asked to be moved and the waitress obliged.  

What? They did not even say they were sorry? This generation is in the gutter.My parents would have skinned me for less. No respect in the world these days.

Honored Contributor

Why don't the parents with no childcare who insist on bringing their unruly children to appointments, stores and restaurants, use those in home services you suggested?