Respected Contributor

Re: I wonder if those who are on here feel it's easier to raise boys or girls?

I raised a boy and a girl, they are 31 and 27 today.  When they were babies, they both were very good babies, ate well, slept well, behaved well.  My son got difficult once he started 1st grade, didn't want to do homework, read, etc.  When DD started school, she was a breeze.  Once DS started high school though it was light a light switch went on and from then on, he wasn't a problem.  DD's light switch turned off once she started high school, it was a hard 4 years.  They both went off to college and they both did fine, finished in 4 years and got jobs.  They are both indpendent, thoughtful adults and DH and I enjoy them very much.  I think they are so many factors involved, their personality, the parents personality and how they match up, they are no easy answers.  

Honored Contributor

The best adjusted people I have met through life came from large families.  I think you have learn team work and sharing.  My neighbor across the street is the youngest of 6 girls and she is amazing.  My Dad was one of seven.  

Respected Contributor

Boys

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Honored Contributor

I don't know from experience as I only had two girls, but my mom and my sister both said that girls were easier up until about 11 or 12 yrs old, and then the boys were easier......My husband is from a big family, he is in the middle of 9 children, my dad was the oldest of 8 and my mom an only child........It is all very interesting, but so much of it is how you are raised, and your surroundings......Neither of my girls were difficult, they both had their own little challenges-no child is perfect, but all in all they were good girls that grew up to be well adjusted, happy and sucessful young women...

Trusted Contributor

I am still raising one each.  Neither one is any easier but I do have to consider that they are two totally different people.  Their perosnalities are different and how they respond to situations is different.  I have a teen and a youngin.

Respected Contributor

I have both. My daughter is 8.5 years older than my son. This was by choice. They have same father but I didn't want another until she was nearly 8! I enjoyed every minute with her. Then, our lives changed drastically and she wanted a sibling. Not a good reason to have a baby, I know, but...  I was blessed with two amazing children who are very close (they are 28 and 37 now). That was my biggest fear. I do think girls are harder than boys. At first, boys are a little more difficult (climbing trees, collecting icky things, etc.) but, once the hormones set in, look out! Girls are killers until they turn 35!

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Esteemed Contributor

Even though they are more physical, boys are easier.  There is SO MUCH DRAMA with girls!!  Because I am a woman, I identify with every hurt she feels, so that is also harder for me.

That being said, both are a treasure.

Respected Contributor

Boys.

-Texas Hill Country-
Esteemed Contributor

I had daughters only. One was easy to raise but the other not so much. One of my daughters has one of each and she said raising her son was easier than raising her daughter. I think it just depends on the personality of the particular child.

Honored Contributor

I'm thinking that, now-a-days, daughters can be worrisome.  (Worrying about them walking around alone and not being observant in their surroundings, worrying about what's happening with them re: boys; what they are 'into' online and with others (strangers) at parties, and whether someone is spiking their beverages with dr*gs, etc............So many reasons to worry about tween/teen daughters.  I guess I watch too many Dateline/48 Hours/etc. shows.   But, so much is happening in real life.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).