Esteemed Contributor

I love Dawn too, you can rub it into oil stains on clothes before washing. I use it alot, got the idea from seeing the commercials where they clean the ducks form the oil spills, gotta love it!{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor
On 6/21/2014 Daysdee said:

I've read on this board a few years ago that a Dawn (the blue one) is good for removing stains from clothing. Wonder if anyone has used it on their dogs? Mine gets smelly a day or two after shampoo (or after groomer) and has a bad odor and greasy coat.

If it works for the ducks, I'd say its ok..might want to dilute it a bit~

-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor
On 6/19/2014 Clover29 said:

I just wanted to add that Dawn walk the walk when it comes to the oiled seabirds: they donate their product to wildlife rescue organizations, and it's the very best for that purpose. When a bird has oil or whatever on it, you have to work quickly but efficiently because wild creatures get very stressed from a lot of handling. Dawn works so well, you get a really clean bird, as fast as possible.

It's wonderful for gunged pelicans. It's great on dishes! And it's the right shampoo for crusty scalps. Win win win.

They have no idea what that one commercial meant to us animal lovers. I started buying it after that and I am sure many others did as well. Very smart marketing!

-- Mae West
Super Contributor

This for this information. Medications can cause a crusty scalp. I will definitely give this a try.

Esteemed Contributor
On 6/20/2014 mtnbikegirl said:

yes! My vet confirmed that the blue Dawn is good at getting rid of fleas. Funny, they don't always like to tell you the cheaper options...{#emotions_dlg.sneaky}

GREAT to know!!!!!!!!

-- Mae West
Super Contributor

I would like to mention the newer Dawn Platinum is marvelous for dishes. It is the best dish washing soap I've ever used. The Dawn Platinum cleans so well that is has made hand dish washing much quicker. It's often faster than loading a dishwasher and doesn't waste all that water.

Honored Contributor

And if they have yellowed teeth, mix a little lye in the toothpaste, it really white 's teeth! Joke! The level of gullibility on this board is frightening.

Contributor
On 6/21/2014 PalmTree11 said:
On 6/20/2014 steiny3844 said:

Using dawn to shampoo pets seems to kill fleas. Who knew!

I just read about this, but didn't know it was exclusive to blue Dawn. From what understood, the dawn creates a film on the top of the water that essentially drowns the fleas. I'm going to pick up some blue Dawn because even though my furbabies are treated with preventative, I found a couple fleas on my walking buddy last night Smiley Sad

We have 4 of the furry beasts. Last year, they ALL came down with a case of fleas, it was horrible. We paid so much money to have them professionally groomed and it still did nothing.

I had read on the internet to try Dawn and it worked miraculously! Just a tip....start at the neck of the dog and work your way down. If the fleas sense the Dawn, they will jump into the dogs ears and nose to survive.

My DH usually holds the dogs and I will literally take the bottle of Dawn and pour it onto the neck of the dog while my DH rubs it in.

Let me tell you, this works wonders! We plan on giving the dogs a Dawn bath once a month!

Esteemed Contributor
On 6/21/2014 chi5925 said:

My plumber recommended preventative kitchen pipe maintenance using the blue Dawn.

He said when I was done with the bottle, to fill it with water, shake it, and then pour it down the kitchen sink.

Dawn helps release the grease and crud that builds up on the inside of the water pipes.

He said to do that weekly and my kitchen water pipes will remain grease-free.

another great tip, makes sense!

-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor

One more thing. Did you notice your dishwasher leaving dishes cloudy?? I found out the dishwashing gels, powders etc were changed a couple of years ago. I think it was the phosphates, any way, it doesn't cleanse as well. It wasn't my dishwasher!!..so I have been adding a small amount of dawn to the dishwashing gel, etc. Seems to be working~

-- Mae West