Respected Contributor

red Kate shirt and Scarlet jacket

Does anyone who has the red Kate shirt and Scarlet jacket think they go together?

Respected Contributor

Re: red Kate shirt and Scarlet jacket

Anyone? I'll ask Louis but he doesn't have all the items. It doesn't have to be a perfect match; I've mixed reds all my life.

Esteemed Contributor

@lavendar

I do not have the quilted jacket but so have the red Kate shirt and scarlet WK's. Note the dye in different fabrics can vary some even if they're both the same color. That being said the Kate shirt is a little different, lighter than the WK. Scarlet has a tinge more blue in it. Hope this helps.

Respected Contributor

Thank you! I didn't expect them to be exact, cotton takes dye differently. Do they clash or blend. The only red shirt I have is very blue and not that flattering on me but it was the only red shirt I could find.

Esteemed Contributor

@lavendar

I don't think the colors clash. Just two different reds with Kate being a little more of a clearer red and Scarlet ever so slightly bluer. Again the two different fabrics take color differently even if they have the same name.

I have purposely worn different shades of a color family together successfully. My accessories tie it all together. Whether it's metal or colored jewelry, a scarf, a complimenting jacket, either solid, textured or tweed all work. Even a brooch can do the trick. Just keep having fun. You'll know what does not work for YOU. HTH's

Esteemed Contributor

I haven't check yet but I know the material changes the dye but I'm not looking for an exact match either, I also want to check the red wing collar tunic in red as well I know it is longer but I can't tell how it will look worn together.

Respected Contributor

The wing collar tunic and the Tneck are a nearly perfect match. Also the sleeves on the tunic were very generous on me in my Linea size S. Plenty of room for a blouse. My only concern about them working together is dealing with two collars.

Respected Contributor

rochelle: I do the same. I find print scarves an easy fix.

I am not matchy matchy. It's just reds have such a wide spectrum that some simply won't "go" here.