Honored Contributor

received waitlist order on the striped maxi dress A265610

hi ladies......just wanted to say i really love the striped maxi dress. it arrived yesterday after being on waitlist! i bought the moss/black. i am 5'7" and it is definitely a maxi on me (not a "midi" as some of his seem to be). i did go up a size mainly because i was afraid of too much pulling at the hip area since i am a pear shape. i may just have to try another color in this. did anyone else buy multiples of this dress? a colorful print in this same style and material would be fantastic for next year! the material is substantial and can easily be worn three seasons. the other nice thing is that the neckline is a bit lower than he usually does, which i LOVE!!!!

curvy ladies this is a great dress for you!!!!!

Linea by Louis DellOlio Regular Stripe Printed Maxi Dress

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor

Re: received waitlist order on the striped maxi dress A265610

I also ordered this dress in the black/off white.  It is my first Linea purchase....  I am 5'8 and the length is perfect.  Living in CA - I will be able to wear this most of the year.  So glad I decided to order this dress!!  Love it! Thank you Louis!!:  Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

I chickened out and cancelled my order for the petite tobacco stripe. Now I'm kicking myself. It's completely gone.
Super Contributor

My bronze/black maxi came on a Thursday and I wore it on Sunday to a special event.  I received many compliments.  This dress made me look skinny.  Which I am not.  It traveled rolled up in my suitcase and needed no ironing to wear.  I choose a black lace shrug, black high heel sandals, and a statement necklace.  Now its packed for a week at the shore with flip flops and straw hat.  Can you tell I love it.

Honored Contributor

Oh dear, that's a shame you cancelled it...it is stunning!  I have done that before...cancelled something trying to be frugal and then regretted it big time later.  So sorry!

I have it in the bronze.  I was going to order 2 colors, but IMHO...the print is so eye catching...but SO specific...I thought it would be really 'redundant' maybe to order two.  It is so striking, I thought two of the exact same dress (even in a diff. color) would be too noticeable to those I see often.

I should have ordered petite, however.  I ALWAYS order regulars but this one is SO long...even w/ my 4" heels, it hits the ground.  Biting myself for that because I did debate trying a petite this time.  I am only 5'4", but LIVE in heels so never order petites.  I had preordered the regulars...so by time I saw the video and how long it was on the models...it was too late to change or reorder.  Petites flew out.  Doesn't matter, I LOVE this dress so much...I will just walk a little more careful!

If the petites ever come back in stock...I may just grab the moss anyways!  LOL

Contributor

I have been stalking this dress since I got closed out of my usual size before the show even aired.  Based on reviews, I sized down one from my usual Linea size and am very pleased with my purchase.  I'm 5'8" , 130 lbs and the XXS fits great w/ perfect length.  Got my first choice (black/topaz) and would love the black/ ivory combo also, but this design is so eye-catching and memorable, that I think doubles would be too much.

Respected Contributor

Sunshine, I am so glad you received the maxi dress.  I love this dress.  I ordered the black/ivory and have worn it twice already!!

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Honored Contributor

@pitdakota

O/T-- did you read the news about CA and mandatory vaccines? I guess Disneyland epidemic freaked a few legislators out over there!

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

@pitdakota

O/T-- did you read the news about CA and mandatory vaccines? I guess Disneyland epidemic freaked a few legislators out over there!

• Hi JustJazzmom!  I did see that.  It is about time!!  The wealthiest counties in CA are the ones that have the highest number of exemptions granted.  I wish them luck for sure. 

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Valued Contributor

Someone returned the topaz/black in my size. There's a PL on its way to me. Vindicated for chickening out the first time.

Did anyone find it too loose or too snug? Hemming I can handle.