Frequent Contributor
I was just mentioning today how poorly mine is holding up. I have the black & gray. It has been much too warm to wear it so it's too late to return. So I will try to clean it up with the shaver. Too bad.
Honored Contributor

@bubbiem

it is not too late to return it. you have until the end of january for returns this time of the year. i returned mine a few weeks ago.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I am surprised that people are complaining about their Zebra coats.  I own the tobacco/black version.  I have taken mine on three trips and have worn the coat frequently.  It is holding up beautifully- no pilling.  I am very picky about my clothes.  I think the coat if a great coat for the money.  

Trusted Contributor

I'm picky too, which is why I won't wear anything pilled.  It seems as though it is only a gray problem.

Honored Contributor

@NYCMarian wrote:

I'm picky too, which is why I won't wear anything pilled.  It seems as though it is only a gray problem.

i had the black and the gray combination. i wont say it necessarily pilled, but it was almost more of a shedding problem......and once it began shedding it started to look "worn.".....like it was picked at. that is why i sent mine back.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

No, it's not a "gray problem" because my gray zebra coat is holding up just fine.  Very puzzling.  Everyone who's had this problem has my sympathy, because it's a great coat.  But I remember a few years ago when there was a leather or suede coat that smelled horrible - but only some of the coats smelled.  Unfortunately, I got one of the stinky ones and had to return.  Sometimes shopping online is a gamble.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Trusted Contributor

The weather has finally cooled off and I have finally had a chance to wear the coat.    My tobacco has pilled and shredded badly under the arms.  Glad we have extended returns.  Mine is packed up and ready to go to the post office.

Valued Contributor

It is so interesting and funny  that there is a conversation about problems with this coat and some of you are returning it, just noticed that the price went up about $10 since yesterday! 

Valued Contributor

It has not been cold enough for me to wear my grey zebra hooded coat that much this season. Thus far I have no issue. I like the idea of combing a print with my many solid Linea pieces. So I have decided to keep this jacket for that purpose and wear it as much as possible during this winter. The grey will go well with the various color WK tops which I have and whatever pants or jeans I choose to wear with them.

Esteemed Contributor

I am very pleased with my gray zebra coat.  It's been my go-to as the winter weather in NJ has been mild. In addition, it's easy to wear with a heavy sweater layered under it. The weight is great- not too heavy, and the coat is very soft. I do not love the pilling, but I just ran my Gleener over it yesterday: problem solved. I also like the length: good coverage, but works on mt 5'3" self.